Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Mama Haircut

I did it again.... I got my hair chopped off! I know it's just hair, but it makes me so sad! Matt loves my hair short, but I prefer long hair. I had my hair short while I was pregnant with Aiden and it really was a lot easier, so I decided to surprise Matt with a new cut. He Loved it and went on and on about how great it looks. I feel like such a mom with this haircut! I know I am a mom, but that doesn't mean I have to look like one! But I have to admit, it's saving me a lot of time. Instead of an hour of work (30 minutes drying, 30 minutes styling) I only spend 10 minutes (dry and brush!). I can really use that extra sleep time, but still miss my long hair! Oh, well. I just need to get used to it and it will eventually grow back.


Here's a picture of Aiden and me with my new haircut taken by Matt. He really isn't very good at taking pictures!


And here are some that I took myself... Oh that smile!




13 comments:

Carrie77 said...

Love it!! It looks great on you!!! My hair is doing the after baby shed right now. Ugh, I went through this with Nathan, too. I am getting it cut/highlighted Saturday and I can't wait for a trim.

Zoey's Mommy said...

You look so fab!! And it's totally not a "mom" haircut!

Heatherlyn said...

You look great no matter what!

Most men like long hair. You are sort of lucky that way. Isn't it convenient for him to be a shorter-hair kind of guy?

Oh, and that picture he took? SO DANG FUNNY!!!!! The ones you took of yourself look professional in comparison!!! What a cute family you are!

Melissa said...

Love the new haircut, I think it looks great!

Sarah said...

I like the new hair! It's cute and still young.

Lara said...

I love it! I think it looks great on you! You will LOVE the extra sleep!!!

I just got mine cut on Wednesday and it's about the same style and length. I love my length but they cut my side bangs SHORT!

kimert said...

Your hair looks fabulous!!!
Love the pics of you and your son. :)

jen@odbt said...

I love it. I always want sideswept bangs but then chicken out when I get to the hair stylist.

blueviolet@A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I think you look darn cute with the shorter hair. It looks really healthy and pretty too. Love your little guy's grin.

~~Mel~~ said...

Love your new look!

It's odd that Matt likes short hair on you...I'd love it if my boyfriend liked short hair...he prefers I keep it long(ish).

♥georgie♥ said...

LOVE the new do! goodness you are beautiful!

MaryAnne said...

Looks great! You have gorgeous hair so I understand loving it long, but I bet you'll enjoy the extra sleep :)

Mel said...

I think it is a GREAT haircut, and not a mom cut at all. You look HOT! And it is nice that it takes less time to style so you can get extra sleep - that is important!