Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mom Of The Year...

I have been nominated for The Mom of the Year Award by Melissa at ShimmerMeBlue. Check out her blog if you haven't been there before! This is such a sweet award! Thank you so much, I am truly honored!


Rules for Mom of the Year Award:

Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!

I feel really guilty about having to spend so much time away from Aiden. When he was really little I had to work 9 hours a day and didn't get to spend hardly any time with him. It was terrible. Now that I'm a grad student, my schedule is more flexible and I get to spend Tuesday and Thursday afternoons with him. When we move to D.C., I am going to be a stay at home mom, but then we will also have a new little one. I am so happy that I will be able to spend all day every day with them, but I still feel guilty that I didn't have that opportuinity when Aiden was really small...

Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!

1. I love how sweet Aiden is. He is constantly saying, "I like you" or "I love you" and giving me hugs and kisses for no reason.

2. I love that he is so happy. He almost always has a smile on his face. (Excpet when I'm trying to take his picture!) And he can have fun doing almost anything.

3. I love how energetic he is~ even though it wears me out! He is always ready to go. Which is a good thing because I like going too.

4. I love Aiden's big imagination. He is constantly trying to get us involved in one of his games of make believe.

5. I love that he likes to do crafts. We have so much fun doing those activities together.

6. I love that Aiden enjoys books. We read books throughout the day and he always has to bring one to look at in the car. I hope he continues to like reading as he gets older.

7. I love seeing the huge smile on his face and the way he runs to me and throws his arms around me whenever I pick him up from preschool.

Send this to five other Mom's of the year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.
This was a really difficult list to make because so many of my bloggy friends are awesome mommies!






4 comments:

~~Mel~~ said...

I've always said I love Aiden's personality...the 7 things you love about him are all so cute.

Heatherlyn said...

Wow. Thanks for the Award. I will do this post on my blog ... maybe tomorrow :) I think you for sure deserve it. You are a wonderful mom with the time you have and I'm so excited for you to be able to stay at home with your little ones. I've always felt that when I look back on my life I will never regret the time I had with my children but I might regret choosing something else instead. That's why, despite my education, I do not have outside-the-home employment and I have NO regrets. I'll have decades for a career after they grow up!

Mommy of M's said...

Wow, THANKS!!

I'm speechless, really.

Mel said...

Thanks Melissa!!