Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Our Easter Eggs...

When we were at Wal-Mart the other day, I really wanted to get one of those craft egg decorating sets. The ones that come with glitter glue and other fun stuff, but Aiden put it back on the shelf and I forgot to pick it back up. And today, at Target they only had the simple kits, which turned out to be more than enough!


While Aiden was waiting for the eggs to cool, he drew his own Easter egg and decorated it with some stickers. He was so proud of himself for coming up with this idea!

And he really liked playing with the egg dipper thingy.

Finally, we were ready to begin!

Can you tell he's loving it?


And then, of course, he decided that it was more fun to make a mess than to color the eggs.


Almost every single one of our eggs was cracked by the end, but at least Aiden had fun decorating them!


Decorating with stickers. It takes lots of concentration!



I put our eggs in my Easter basket (yes! My parents still made me an Easter basket last year! LOL) and found old candy still inside!


Aiden was really interested in that old chocolate. I wonder if it's still good?

Well, we've had a pretty full day and now I'm exhausted!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh how fun :)

Liz (Loving Mom 2 Boys) said...

Fun!! We are planning on trying this, this weekend!!

Miss Eve said...

Looks like you've had so much fun. And the eggs are beautiful...Happy Easter for you and your family dear Melissa. Love: Evi

Kati said...

Yea! That looks like a blast! I can't wait to do eggs this Saturday!

blueviolet said...

Ewwww...old chocolate!

I always kinda like it when the eggs crack as it makes them so pretty inside for the deviled eggs I undoubtedly will make.

jen@odbt said...

I think we're going to dye eggs tomorrow. The eggs run out so quickly and no one here eats hard boiled eggs except me.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Leftover chocolate??? LOL!! Yeah, that would never, ever happen at my house!

Cute pictures! We are waiting to decorate our eggs on Saturday so Alex can be here too. We got a new kind this year to add gold leaf to them. We'll see how that works out....

Heatherlyn said...

The chocolate won't make him sick (but it probably doesn't taste good to a grown up).

I think his idea of drawing his own egg turned out great! I'd be proud of him too! He had so much fun dying and decorating eggs. Kids really love it!

~~Mel~~ said...

We'll be decorating eggs on the weekend when my family (mainly my nephew) is over. I can't wait!

Yours turned out great.

Carrie77 said...

Looks like he had a blast!! We are going to dye eggs on Saturday and I can't wait!! I bet ours will all be cracked, too... that's boys for you!