Monday, April 20, 2009

Potty-training: Complete!

Yay! I just have to take a second to brag about Aiden's pottying success! Partly because we were talking last night about how one of Matt's friends made a rude comment about Aiden not being fully potty-trained back in December. Ugh! It still makes me angry! Anyway, I'm very proud of my little boy... Aiden has been wearing "big boy underwear" during the day since January without any problems, but I would still put him in a diaper at bedtime. He has now made it two whole weeks wearing underwear over night! Technically, he hasn't had an over night accident in more than a month, but I wasn't brave enough to try underwear during the night just yet. The thought of having to get up in the middle of the night to wash him up, get him clean clothes, and change his bed was just too much... The first night that he slept in underwear was a complete accident. I thought that I had put his diaper on, but when I helped him on the potty the next morning, I was shocked to see he was still in underwear. I told him how proud I was of him and since then he has been asking to wear underwear every night! So we are now diaper-free! For four and a half months...

6 comments:

Sarah said...

YAY Aiden (and Mommy!)

Jessica [Mommy] said...

My SIL makes comments all the time about my daughter not being potty trained. She just turned 3 and just doesnt get the potty thing.

Thats great Aiden did so well!!

♥georgie♥ said...

That is so awesome and you should be so proud and BRAG away!!!!
potty training is such an accomplishment for both mom and child!

Heatherlyn said...

Congratulations! That's a big moment!

Mel said...

You ROCK! You are my hero! We've gone cold turkey on the diapers this week and so far so good!

~~Mel~~ said...

Melissa, that is HUGE news! It took us until close to Riley's 4th birthday before he could go all night without an accident...some kids just can't hold it all night long...he was one of them!

Congrats to your big boy Aiden!