Friday, April 10, 2009

Quad Screen

I had blood drawn for the quad screen last Friday. This test looks at the levels of four hormones in the blood and can determine if you are at a higher risk for carrying a baby with a neural tube defect, Downs syndrome, or Edwards syndrome. I have been so nervous about getting the results from this test back. The results were supposed to be available yesterday, but weren't so I worried about it all last night. This morning, when I called they told me that the tests came back negative! I was so excited! I was Never this worried when I was pregnant with Aiden. I've been reading too much on BBC this time. There have been multiple women who have gotten false positive results. I knew that I had been stressing about this test, but I had no idea how much. I just felt this enormous sense of relief when I heard the results.

4 comments:

Zoey's Mommy said...

I think every mama or mama to be worries about this test!

I'm glad it came back negative. When will you find out gender?

Oh, just wanted to tell you that DH and I were talking about boys with long hair (I told him if this one is a boy and he has hair we are NOT cutting it! LOL!) and I want to show him some pics of Aiden because he's so cute with his long hair. Just wanted to let you know that!

Heatherlyn said...

I'm so glad that it turned out well. I really hope you have a very healthy pregnancy and baby. :)

Mel said...

YAY for a negative result! i opted out of that one just because I knew I would worry myself to death and I did not want one of those false positives that I read about.

~~Mel~~ said...

I'm so glad to hear it came back negative.

The internet is a useful tool...but sometimes knowing too much can make us crazy with worry.