Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday in Pictures

This morning, Aiden went with Matt's parents to watch a sheep shearing at a local historical park. I actually had planned on taking him because I like to try new things, but my mother in law really wanted to take him. She said that I could come along, but that felt a bit awkward somehow... And since we're going to be moving soon, I figured I should let her spend some time alone with him.

It was a really pretty day and when Aiden got home, we spent most of the afternoon outside. Aiden was really enjoying picking up rocks and pulling grass and them making me hold the stuff in my hands. That's when I decided to give him a box which he ended up playing with for a pretty long time!




Once he started getting bored with his box, he decided to pour rocks over his head... Boys!

Then it was off with his big wheel! He got his big wheel last year when he was still too small to reach the pedals. And even though he is big enough to pedal now, he still uses his feet and walks with it. We've been trying to teach him, but I guess it's just easier the other way. He will get it some day! Apparently, Matt was letting him go down the big hill on his big wheel today. The hill is pretty steep and he would have to be going super fast. I'm don't really know how I feel about it...


Eating a frozen ice cream sundae. Aiden is not a big ice cream fan, but his mamaw bought him a sundae after lunch. He didn't eat it so we put it in the freezer. Later when he thought that I might eat it, he thought he would try it again. After three bites he said, "Here, Mommy. You can have it."

9 comments:

Jenn@mylifewiththecrazies said...

Stoping over from SITSas ( you were signed in above me ) Great pics and Happy SUNDAY!!!

blueviolet said...

I can't imagine not liking ice cream!

If I could still fit on a big wheel, I would ride one! They're so cool!

Jen said...

What a sweet boy to give away his ice cream. Lucky you!

Yaya said...

I thought of Aiden the other day as I was looking through a kids clothing catalog and this little model looked JUST like Aiden! I'll have to remember the name of the company. Maybe Gymboree?

Ronnica said...

Rocks and boxes...what wonderful entertainment to a little boy!

~~Mel~~ said...

I always love looking at pictures of Aiden. He's adorable.

Looks like it was a fabulous Saturday.

Staci said...

He is so cute! Don't you love how at this age most of the pictures are of the top of their heads because they are so busy doing what they are doing.... My kids never seem to look up anymore! :) Glad you had a nice weekend!

Tiffany said...

That looks like a really nice outside day!

Heatherlyn said...

Rocks on the head. Yep, that's a kid thing. Boys and girls. They do it with sand too.

The box idea was brilliant. I'm sure he enjoyed putting things in it for quite some time.

What a great day!