Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Funnies~ Words from Aiden

It was an absolutely beautiful weekend. Very sunny and in the mid 80's. Unfortunately, my little guy was sick the entire time... Throwing up and a fever. This was the first time since he was a baby that he has thrown up. He was absolutely miserable. He clung to me and kept saying, "Mommy. Mommy. Mommy." over and over. Poor baby! He is starting to feel better though. But we still might be making a trip to the doctor's office tomorrow.


Since we haven't had a very fun weekend, I've decided to share some more Aiden funnies. I carry a notebook around with me just in case he says something I find funny and I jot it down. I want him to be able to look back and laugh at the things he said when he was little!


A vocabulary lesson:
I told Aiden that he was my son. He got really upset and told me that he was not my son. (He was obviously thinking sun). I tried to explain the concept of daughter and son, but he couldn't quite grasp it. I finished the conversation by saying, "So, you're my son." He said, "Don't talk to me like that! I'm not a sun, I'm a boy!"


I'm not wearing that:

Aiden is in between sizes right now. He needs a 3T in jeans for the length, but they are way too big in the waist. I just bought him a pair of 3T jeans and put them on him to wear to preschool. They were a little big and kept sliding down a bit and he would just pull them back up. Finally, at 4:30,he said, "I am not going to wear these pants all day. They have been bothering me all day long!" It cracks me up that he is talking like such a big boy!

Being Bossy:

Aiden and I were watching a Little Einstein's movie when he told me that he needed to use the potty. Normally, I pause the DVD when we leave the room, but I forgot to tonight. When we finally made it back to the living room, Aiden noticed that the movie was almost over. He said, "That one needs to be rewind, Mister!"

I'm doing what?!:

Whenever I tell Aiden to do something that he doesn't like, he says, "Mommy, you're messing up my name!" I have no idea where that came from or what exactly he means by it, but he has been saying it all the time lately!

9 comments:

kimert said...

I hope your little guy is feeling better real soon.

I love all the funny things little ones say!
We've had the same issue with clothes on my son. It can be very frustrating!

Have a great week!

Mommy of M's said...

I LOVE toddler speak!! Thay are so serious about things, but oh, so funny!!

I have a giveway this week, be sure to stop by!!

Heatherlyn said...

So cute! Won't it be nice when he can wear shorts all the time? Then you will be able to have pants that fit around the waist that aren't too short.

MaryAnne said...

These are great - I love the funny things kids say!

Hope Aiden feels better soon...

Jennifer Juniper said...

It's so funny to hear all the funny things they say! I wish I would have carried around a notebook like you do. All my funnies are fading away as I forget :(
Hello from SITS!

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear your litle guy isn't feelinf well. I hope he feels better soon!

Brandi said...

Stopping by from SITS. This was too cute. I love it.

~~Mel~~ said...

You have a long-legged, skinny boy too! Gotta love the adjustable waisted pants...Riley still wears them.

Aiden is cute cute cute! I hope he's feeling better soon.

Liz (Loving Mom 2 Boys) said...

Oh he is too funny!!! I hope he is feeling better!!