Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chasing Birds and a Family Picnic

The weather has been crazy for the last few days! This morning, it was 34 degrees when we woke up and then it got up to 75 this afternoon. So we got to spend the afternoon at the park. Aiden's favorite thing to do at the park right now is chase birds. (I'm not sure if you can see the robins in the first picture or not) He really thinks that he might be able to catch them. They let him get really close and then fly away. It is really funny to watch. He will come running back to me and say, "I almost got that one, Mommy!" This is the only time that he will let me out of his sight. He will run and chase the birds for 3o minutes at a time. It exhausts me!


After leaving the park, Matt asked me if I would like to take Aiden up to a little creek that he found while riding his bike and have a picnic. I made chicken salad croissants and took some watermelon, and iced sugar cookies. After we ate, Aiden had lots of fun throwing sticks into the water for Kenai.



On the way home from our picnic, Aiden asked, "Can we do this again tomorrow?"

7 comments:

Lacie E. said...

I loooove your blog....I wanted to let you know I have given you a blog award because I think you are fantastic swing by my blog and pick it up.

Stephanie said...

Aww what a fun day!

kimert said...

What a great way to spend the day!!!

Heatherlyn said...

The picnick looks like fun! I love little creeks. I hope that we find a few to picnick at this summer!

And my kids love chasing birds too, and squirrels!

Jessica said...

What a beautiful park/creek! Great photos!

Carrie77 said...

I really want to sit outside and have a picnic sometime soon before it gets too hot! I love the photos of him chasing the birds!

~~Mel~~ said...

Miss Melissa, you have one gorgeous family! Aiden is adorable and I love that you have nice enough weather to picnic outside...I hope our warm weather comes soon...it's starting to warm up but the wind is too crazy to be outside too long.