Thursday, May 14, 2009

Family Celebration Night

Tonight was Family Celebration Night at Aiden's preschool. I get really shy when I'm around a big group of people that I don't know, so I was kinda dreading it. But it was actually a lot of fun. We all met at the lake and had a picnic. Unfortunately, Aiden seems to have inherited my shyness and wasn't interested in playing on the playground because there were so many children there. Matt gets really worried about Aiden's lack of social skills, but he's just turning 3 (on Sunday) and I don't think it's anything to be concerned about yet. When I taught preschool, most of the children (especially the boys) didn't start interacting with one another until they reached the 3 year mark. But when we move, it's going to be something that we are both going to have to work at! I'm already planning on joining a mommy and me type group and signing Aiden up to play soccer. Surely, we will be able to make friends!!!

I only got one picture! Aiden really wouldn't cooperate tonight!


5 comments:

~~Mel~~ said...

I bet it was fun regardless of whether Aiden kept to himself or not...great picture you captured too! Oh and Riley really didn't start having 'friends' until he was about age 3.5 to 4.

I gave you an award on my blog.

Jessica [Mommy to a 3 yr old drama queen] said...

tunred 3 in April and she would rather play on her own. She will interact with kids for a second then shes off into her own world!

Heatherlyn said...

Aiden is very smart. He won't have trouble socially. I'm sure of it!

Sarah said...

That is a cute pic!
I am sure Aiden will be just fine socially! He looks to be a very very bright little guy!

Jessica said...

Don't worry-I am the same way around a bunch of ppl I don't know!