Friday, May 1, 2009

It's a ........ !!!!

Today was my big 20 week ultrasound! The one that I have been talking about and looking forward to for a month! My appointment wasn't until 3:00 this afternoon and I was so excited about it all day. I sent Aiden to preschool wearing his big brother shirt and he and Matt went to my appointment with me. I wanted Aiden to see that there really was a baby in mommy's tummy.


My ultrasound went really well. The heart beat was 153 bpm, the baby weighs 15 ounces, and everything measured great. The baby wouldn't cooperate to have a face picture taken... but we were able to find out that it's a..... BOY! Baby Holden! There was no doubt about it. I'm not even going to post that ultrasound picture because my baby needs a little privacy!

I had no idea that the doctor's office I am going to has a 3D ultrasound, but they do and I got to see my baby in 3D! It was amazing! I was able to see him cross his feet at the ankles and move his hands around. They even made me a DVD which I took to my mom's birthday party and showed off tonight!




Aiden wanted a little sister so bad! When he talked to Matt's mom after the appointment, he kept telling her that the baby was a girl. He said, "Daddy thinks it's a boy. Mommy thinks it's a boy. But I think it's a girl. I saw his pee pee tom (Time out! My papaw taught him that term for his boy parts *Rolls eyes* and since he passed away, I haven't had the heart to make him use proper terms although I frequently tell him the correct word...) but I still think it's a girl." Oh goodness!

I'm so excited about having another little boy! I just really wish I hadn't sold all of Aiden's cute baby clothes!

22 comments:

kimert said...

Congrats!!!!
That Aiden is a funny lil boy. :)

~~Mel~~ said...

Awww! Aiden will LOVE being a big brother to another little boy. Baby Holden..so cute!

Kati said...

Ahhhh! Congrats!!!

MoNiQuE said...

Hi there! Have time to visit Philippines!
http://itchyfeetpinay.blogspot.com/2009/04/increase-in-tourist-arrivals-to.html

Staci said...

CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting! I am lol about Aiden suggesting Percy and james... Holden is a FANTASTIC name! Yay!!!!

Toni Brooker said...

Congrats! That's so exciting. I've just started following your blog, you're VERY funny. BTW... you have a beautiful family.

Rocksee said...

I love this picture. It looks like Aiden is a big thinker! Congrats on your baby!

Carrie77 said...

I love the name Holden. Congrats on a healthy baby boy!

Carrie77 said...

Oh and I love his big brother shirt!

Staci said...

Hey! I just wanted to let you know, I left you an award if your interested!

http://smeiers.blogspot.com/2009/05/splash.html

Heatherlyn said...

I think it is so exciting that Aiden is going to have a baby brother! Those ultra sounds are amazing!

jen@odbt said...

Hooray for boys! Aiden is going to love having a little brother to pal around with.

Mel said...

Congrats!!! I'm sure that Aiden will LOVE having a baby brother! BTW, I was just in the shower after a long b-day day for Analese and I was thinking to myself, something happened on May 1st - what was it? Then I jumped out of the shower to check your blog LOL!

Kara said...

Yay!! Congrats!!

MaryAnne said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you were able to find out, I love knowing whether I'm having a boy or girl in advance. I've never had a 3D ultrasound, seems like one would be cool though.

Liz (Loving Mom 2 Boys) said...

Having boys is so much fun!!!!

TAG YOU'RE IT (stop by my blog for a game of tag)

Mommy of M's said...

Congrats!!

And M1 calls it a pee-er.

Kristen Andrews said...

congrats to you! bummer on selling all the clothes!

pam said...

Congratulations on another boy!!

Poor Aiden, maybe next time he will get his sister! Just look at it this way, you get to shop!!

Jessica said...

I can't believe I missed this post! Congratulations! Looks like you and I both will each have two wild little boys on our hands!

Aileigh said...

Yay for boys!!! :) Gotta love them! Congrats!

Zoey's Mommy said...

Congrats on the boy! I love the name too. Too cute!

Zoey knows how Aiden is feeling. She wanted a baby sister SO bad! But she has really come around to her little brother. Hopefully he will too!