Thursday, May 7, 2009

Last Day of Sea Creature Crafts...

Aiden has informed me that he is no longer interested in making anymore sea creatures! When I told him it was time to do our ocean craft, he said, "Mommy. I want to make a dinosaur." Since I already had something in mind to do today, I told him that we would start a dinosaur theme for next week. Eek! I have no dinosaur ideas right now!

We have done coffee filter paintings in the past and I thought it would be fun to do it again since it involves water. But I think I watered down the food coloring too much because the color doesn't show up as much as I was hoping.





Then Aiden painted some water and added some shells. He said, "Mommy, why are we putting macaroni on our craft?"


The final product!

5 comments:

kimert said...

Very cute!!

With the coffee filter painting, I find it easier to use Crayola Washable markers and color on the coffee filter with that and then use a medicine dropper to add the water and let it gradually bleed the colors. Just a tip I picked up online.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Oh my goodness, Melissa. I have stumbled on the motherload of wonderful posts about kids and art. I just read through everything that Aiden has been up to lately. How fun! You two have been churning out the lovely artwork.

If you are interested, you should link these posts to our little carnival next Wednesday and Thursday. We have a ton of prizes just for kids that would be fun to send Aiden's way!

-Francesca

~~Mel~~ said...

Adorable art.

Heatherlyn said...

The ocean looks so cool!

Hadley said...

What fun! I am doing a beach/ocean theme starting this week with my girls to prepare for our beach trip in a couple of weeks. I will be using some of these wonderful ideas! Looks like y'all had a great time!