Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Piece of Art and a Classic Preschool Snack

I have seen preschools make the gummy fish and Jell-O snacks so many times, but I had never tried it myself. I thought this would be a good week to give it a try!

Aiden Loved the gummy fish. (He actually loves all things gummy.)

This is also the first time that Aiden and I have made Jell-O


He was so excited about adding the fish



Once we had finished making the Jell-O, I looked at Aiden's shirt and saw that he had splotches of blue all over it. I quickly took it off of him and ran to the bathroom to run some water over it. I just knew that it was going to stain. Once, I placed the shirt under the faucet, I realized that the splotches on the shirt were part of the design. Oh my...pregnancy brain!

A few hours later...

An under the sea painting. Painting blue and green water on wax paper.




I explained to Aiden that there is salt in the water in the ocean and let him add some salt to his painting.


I wanted to add a handprint octopus to the painting...


but it didn't quite work out...


So we made the octopus on a different piece of paper and I let Aiden glue it onto his painting. This craft looks really pretty hanging up in the sunlight!


7 comments:

kimert said...

As always, a great craft!!! :)

Staci said...

I have NEVER seen that fish snack! How cute! I so know what I am serving at my next play date! Cute!

Jessica [Mommy] said...

What a cute snack hailee loves Jello & is really into fish im sure she'd love this idea!

Heatherlyn said...

So, did he EAT the fish snack. Are gummies still as irresistable once they are IN the jell-o? I love it. I think we'll do an ocean week and a bug week this summer. I'm looking forward to other ideas you have! Aiden is a lucky little guy!

Jessica said...

Oh I'm going to have to make that jello snack! So cute!

Carrie77 said...

Nathan loves gummies and fishies so that snack would be perfect for him!

~~Mel~~ said...

Very cool snack idea!