Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Quotes from Aiden

Aiden was watching me shave my legs this morning and asked me why I was doing it. I told him that girls shave their legs when they get big. He said, "I don't want to have to shave my legs." I explained to him that he wouldn't have to and that boys grow hair on their faces. He looked horrified and said, "Like Kenai?!" (Our dog!) So funny! I told him that he would grow hair like daddy and he was OK with that.

I have gotten into the habit of talking to the baby whenever I feel any type of movement. When I did this earlier, Aiden came over and talked to Holden through my belly button. He said, "When you come out, I'm going to make sure you don't run away. I don't want anyone to hurt you because I love you." Awww! That was the first time he has talked about loving our baby!

We were driving to the park when Aiden said, "I would be very sad if you went to the park while I was at school. That would make my feelings hurt."

I was looking at a survey and read the title "Has your family grown?" to Aiden. He said, "It has." I asked him, "How has your family grown?" He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "The baby!" I just can't get over how much he understands and how smart he's getting! My baby is growing up! He will be 3 this weekend...

8 comments:

kimert said...

So sweet what Aiden said about his baby brother!
I love all the things little ones say.

~*~ Melissa ~*~ said...

That's so sweet that he said he loves his baby brother. Time sure does fly when they're growing, doesn't it! Believe it or not, I still remember when my boys were that young. Cherish the time while you can :)

Mel said...

I think it is good to document these cute things that they say so we can remember! LOL about the face hair!

Lara said...

He is such a smart little guy! To me, 3 is the best and worst age. Terrible 3's are way worse than terrible 2's BUT it is so fun to see how a 3 year old starts putting things together and really because a "big boy/girl". So sweet how he was talking to Holden! He's going to be such a good big brother!

Jessica said...

He is so smart! It is so adorable the little things they come up with. I can't wait until Caden can put sentences together!

~~Mel~~ said...

I am lmao about the hair on the face (like the dog) comment haha!!!

What a cutie Aiden is...and a May birthday too. Very cool!

Carrie77 said...

Nathan's bday is this weekend, too, on Sunday. Aidan most really enjoy the park! lol

Heatherlyn said...

I told you he was smart! He's delightful too!