Thursday, May 28, 2009

An Update and Presents for Teachers

I'm back~ for now at least! I have just been feeling so exhausted lately. On the rare occasions that Aiden is taking a nap, I take a nap too. And when he's down for the night, so am I! That doesn't leave much time for blogging.

And I've been a little bummed lately as well. I just found out that I'm not going to be able to get my master's degree this August like I was supposed to. I am going to have to finish writing my thesis after we move and then I will have to come back and defend it when the baby is less than two months old. It's not the end of the world since my parents live here, but it's not something that I'm looking forward to. At least I will have my masters this December, I guess.... Anyways!

Today is Aiden's final day of 2 year old preschool! I can't believe he's already finished his first year! I think it was a really good experience for him and am glad that we chose to send them this year. We made cards for his teachers last night. I made him an arts and crafts box for his birthday and filled it with lots of art supplies. I let him decorate his cards any way he wanted. Of course he chose to use glitter! While I'm not a big fan of glitter, I do let him play with it quite often because he absolutely loves it. I bought him a pack of glitter that came with six different colored tubes and when I opened it for him last night, he laughed and squealed. It was the cutest thing! He was so excited!



I wrote a note to each of his teachers and pasted it inside his card...

I bought both of the techers Target gift cards and a pack of note cards. The note cards were the same price as a gift card holder. And more useful too!

Tada! Presents for his teachers!

6 comments:

kimert said...

Glad to see you back even if it is just for a short time. :) I don't blame you at all for napping when Aiden does! I wish my kids would nap. lol
Sorry about your master's. At least you will have it done at some point!
The pics of Aiden are cute as always. :)

Heatherlyn said...

I kind of assumed you were totally wiped out. Pregnancy definitely does that!

Take heart. It will work out with your thesis. I think that defending a thesis would be such a great opportunity.

I went into labor the night my last class ended from my first semester of law school. I had to take my first final 3 days later. And I did. I still ended up in the top half of my class that semester. But I will admit that I was pretty stressed out ... I didn't like balancing any other obligation AND being a Mom. Being a Mom is really a full-time thing!

Get all the rest you can get. I love hearing from you when you get a moment. :)

~~Mel~~ said...

That sucks about your Masters! But at least you are looking on the bright side of things.

You and Aiden make the cutest crafts...and I *love* that he loves glitter so much!!!

Jessica said...

I've missed your blog lately! I know exactly what you mean about being so tired!

I love the cards Aiden made!

kimert said...

It's me again. I left something on my blog for you. :)

Toni Brooker said...

Love from SITS. I tagged you on my blog go check it out =).