Saturday, June 20, 2009

Back from the Beach...

We had an absolutely amazing time at the beach this past week! Just got home. 7 hours in the car with a 3 year old and a 10 year old... Glad to be back!

We made plans to go to the beach at the last minute because we had to wait and see if we got the place we looked at in DC. (We did! And I'm really excited!) Anyway, we took my grandmother and little sister to the beach with us this year. We wanted to give my grandma a thank you present for taking care of Aiden for the past 3 years while I was in school.

Going to the beach has always been my favorite summer activity. I look forward to my week at the beach all year! The reasons that I love the beach have changed over the years... When I was little I liked to go to build sandcastles, play in the ocean, and swim in the pool. When I was a teenager, I liked to go to walk on the beach and check out the guys! Now, my favorite part of going to the beach is watching my little boy have fun. I think this was the my best beach trip yet!

Spending time in the ocean with Daddy:

At first, Aiden was pretty afraid of the waves...



Easing into the water...


Finally having fun!


After Aiden finally got used to the ocean, it was nearly impossible to keep him out of the water! There were lots of tide pools and one of his favorite things was taking water from the tide pools and pouring it on the dry sand to make "mud".



Surprisingly, Aiden didn't spend that much time playing with my grandmother or little sister. My sister made a couple of friends her age and spent most of her time with them and Matt, Aiden, and I spent most of our time together. Aiden learned how to swim in the pool using a noodle, but for some reason, I didn't take any pool pictures...
Playing with Mammy


Dancing in the Dark with Mandy

On our last day at the beach, a little boy let Aiden borrow his body board and Aiden spent a little more time out in the ocean.

And I did get a few pictures of me... Here I am at 27 weeks, 5 days:


And a family night out:

9 comments:

Liz (Loving Mom 2 Boys) said...

Look at how cute you are!! You look absolutely amazing!!

Looks like an amazing trip - I don't know how you did it that long in a car with two kids!!

QM said...

Wow. What a cool holiday!
I came back from the baech too last week.

Awww, your son is soooo cute(:

Jennifer said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! Everyone looks so happy and relaxed! Hope you enjoyed yourself!

Carrie77 said...

Aww you look beautiful in your swimsuit with that belly. It looks like so much fun!!

Mel said...

I love the beach too! We always go in late summer (after labor day). Looks like so much fun! And you are adorable with your pregnant belly! I know what you mean about watching the kid have fun. I love to watch Analese have fun!

Jessica said...

What a great time it looks like you all had!

You look great in your swim suit! I had to get in mine yesterday b/c we went swimming at my in-laws. I felt like a whale!!!!!!

~~Mel~~ said...

Looks like such fun!!! Your belly is soooooo cute.

Riley learnt how to swim this weekend too (without a noodle)...he's always been soooooooo scared but he's finally getting used to putting his head underwater.

Kara said...

Looks like y'all had fun! You look great too!

kimert said...

Oh I love the beach!! It looks like you guys had a great trip!

you look fabulous! :)