Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Big Brother Present for Aiden

After today, we have five weeks and five days (at the most) until Holden joins our family! And I've been thinking a lot about the adjustments Aiden is going to have to make. I don't want him to feel left out at the hospital where everyone will make a big fuss over the new baby. So I decided that I would buy him a big brother present to distract him the first couple of days (for a few hours anyway?) while the new baby excitement is at its peak. I'm going to say that the present is from Holden thanking him for being such a great big brother.

Anyway. I've been thinking a lot about what I could get him. Recently, he's been "borrowing" my camera a lot. He's taken over a hundred photos! So I finally decided to get him one of those cameras made for kids. I read the reviews for the Fisher Price and VTech cameras and finally decided to get him the VTech Kiddiezoom Digital camera.


Besides taking pictures, you can make videos, play games, and do a little photo editing. The only downside I read about in the review was about the quality of the pictures. Somehow, I don't think that's going to bother Aiden.

Here are a few of the photos he's taken with my camera:

Last night, Aiden went to my mother in law's house for a couple of hours and I decided to go to Target and see if I could find the camera. I had looked online and saw that the camera sold for around $50 in most stores. After looking through the toys, I found the camera and decided to go ahead and get it because who knows when I will be able to go shopping by myself again. I didn't check the price but I already had an idea of what it was going to cost. I was shocked when I went to check out and the camera rang up for $14.98! What a deal!

8 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Wow, that's a great deal. I bet Aiden will love his camera!

kimert said...

STEAL!! That is awesome. I love the idea of a camera for a new big brother/sister gift. It sure beats the $65 I spent at Build A Bear workshop with Annabelle the day before she became a big sister! lol

Staci said...

woohoo!! I think that is a great big brother gift and how great that it was on 15 bucks! Yay!!!

Jessica [Mommy to a 3 yr old drama queen] said...

Great Deal!

~*~ Melissa ~*~ said...

Great shots. My son is the same way and he loves his camera he got for Christmas last year!

Carrie77 said...

That is the same camera Nathan has and he loves it. Heck, even Autumn loves it because she likes anything with a strap on it..she chews on the strap. It also has games on it, Nathan loves playing tictactoe.

Toni Brooker said...

I saved the pictures Taylor took with our camera because it was so cute. =) He's going to love it! YAY for the new baby! =)

Molly said...

Awesome! I thought about getting that for Cooper, but didn't want to pay $50! I will have to go check my Target!