Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fourth of July Parade

Yesterday, my mom and I took Aiden and my little sister, Mandy to see the local fourth of July parade. Yes, the parade was on July 3. Don't ask me why. This is the same town that has the Christmas parade before Thanksgiving!


The parade was mostly made up of John Deere tractors and horses... And of course beauty queens, high school football teams, and marching bands! Aiden had a really good time. Next year, we will be going to the DC fourth of July parade. It should be an interesting comparison!


Aiden was most excited about riding this tiny train that they had set up. I had to beg Mandy to ride it with him. Apparently, it's not cool for 10 year olds to ride on kiddie rides any more!


Then last night we went to see some fireworks. It was a smaller display than the one we are going to tonight, but it was fun. I just really like when the fireworks have music that go along with them and they didn't have that last night. Matt and I took Aiden to see the fireworks last year, but I don't think he remembered it. I really wish I had brought my camera. During the finale, he stared at the sky with his mouth wide open. It was really cute! And Holden didn't know what to think with all the noise going on. He was jumping around like crazy! Fun times...

5 comments:

Mel said...

Looks fun! Happy 4th! We are going to see fireworks tonight also!

kimert said...

Looks like a great time! Hope you guys had a Happy 4th!

Zoey and Ford's Mommy said...

Your parade sounds a lot like ours! But we are from a super small town. I love the pics. Looks like Aiden had a lot of fun! I know Zoey did. She can't wait for next years fireworks!

Heatherlyn said...

What fun!

Lara said...

Your sister and Aiden look so much alike!! It looks like everyone had a great time!