Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Stress, Stress, & More Stress

I had pre-eclampsia when I was pregnant with Aiden. While you aren't as likely to get it in a second pregnancy, you are more likely to get it than someone who has never had it before. So it's something that is always in the back of my mind. I wasn't feeling that great today and found out that my blood pressure is a little bit high. My doctor wasn't that concerned but told me to minimize my stress level and to get plenty of rest throughout the day. LOL Let me tell you why that just isn't possible:
  1. Matt left for officer training in Alabama on Sunday. He won't be home until July 31.
  2. My grandmother, who normally watches Aiden for me during the day, isn't able to watch him until July 18 because her brother is visiting from Germany.
  3. I was going to enroll Aiden in day-care for the month of July so that I could complete the research for my thesis, BUT my contract ended and my boss wants to pay me on an as needed basis. "Sometimes you may work 30 hours, sometimes 3." Without working full-time, I cannot afford day-care.
  4. I am staying at home with Aiden during the day and then working nights and weekends (the only times that my mom and mother in law can help watch him) to finish my research.
  5. The Air Force people are coming to pack up all of our stuff on July 20 and I have to deal with that by myself with Aiden...
  6. After July 20, Aiden and I will have to move in with my parents (and 10 year old sister) for a few weeks. Living out of a suitcase!
  7. I have told my boss that I can work through August 15, but she insisted on extending my "as needed" contract until August 31. My due date is September 14, but my c-section will be scheduled September 8,9, or 10. And I have to move to DC and kinda get settled a little before the baby arrives...

Actually, I feel a lot better after writing that list! But I don't think my stress levels are going to go down any time soon. And it's really hard to convince Aiden that Mommy needs to rest during the day. "The sun is out, you need to wake up!" I will do my best!

10 comments:

~*~ Melissa ~*~ said...

Oh wow, you are going through ALOT! That is definitely alot to have to go through alone, I mean with a toddler lol. Just try to keep your sanity as beast you can, and rely on whoever is available to help. You always have blogging as an outlet and you can rant and rave on here all you want! feel free to shoot me an email if you need to vent too. It's in my profile :)

Heatherlyn said...

Good luck! You certainly have a lot going on. But you are very well organized so I'm sure that it will go as smoothly as it possibly can. :)

Staci said...

yikes! That is alot going on!!!! Try to relax as much as you can!!! I have to say, September 9th is a fab birthday! ;) That is Anthony's :)

Kati said...

WOw! And I thought I had alot on my plate when I was pregnant with Caden.

You WILL get through this. Take a deep breath and tackle one thing at a time.

MaryAnne said...

That IS a lot - good luck!

kimert said...

Wow! Your plate is definitely full right now. I wish you the best of luck dealing with everything. I hope you get the rest you need, too.

Mommy of M's said...

Oh, Wow!!I'm exhausted and stressed just reading it. At least it will all be over soon, and you will look back and laugh!

Carrie77 said...

You DO have a lot on your plate! Try to take it easy and enjoy the extra time with Aiden before that baby gets here!

Jessica said...

Oh no! I know exactly how you feel. When you need rest/relaxation the most it seems like everything in the world comes tumbling down on you.

Hang in there friend. It will get better soon!

~~Mel~~ said...

Oh boy Melissa..you have alot to deal with! Hang in there...this month will just fly by and hubby will be home again!