Friday, August 21, 2009

36 Weeks and Counting...

I had my first doctor's appointment in DC yesterday. And it didn't go quite as planned. Matt's school was having a meet and greet with the students and their families all day and I scheduled my doctor's appointment for first thing that morning. I figured I would be back right after they finished breakfast. Wrong!

As soon as my doc saw my how badly my feet were swelling (we're talking elephant feet here. I have ONE pair of flip-flops that fit me now) and saw that my blood pressure was elevated, she sent me right on over to Labor and Delivery. I spent the next three hours strapped to monitors and have to do another 24 hour urine collection. UGH!! I really thought I was going to make it through this pregnancy without any complications. But now I have pre-eclampsia again....

I have to go to Labor and Delivery for prenatal assessment two to three times a week now in addition to my other weekly appointments. And I have to wear these super attractive bright white support hose. (Did I mention that the only shoes that fit me are flip flops?!) At this point, my blood pressure isn't enough concern for them to do a c-section immediately. They have changed the date to September 8 though! But they warned me that they could do my c-section at any time if my blood pressure continues to increase. Luckily, my grandmother is here to help take care of Aiden.

9 comments:

MaryAnne said...

How frustrating! I'm glad you have your grandmother there to help at least...

Jessica said...

Oh no! I was hoping you wouldn't get it again too!

It will all work out though! Glad to hear you guys are getting settled.

I can't wait to see photos of little Holden!

MyWorld said...

Sorry to hear about the pre-e. I hope your bp stays steady and that you'll be able to go as long as possible.

Rest up, Momma!

Chaotic Kristy said...

Sorry to hear about the troubles, but glad to hear you have some help. I'll keep you in my thought and hope you can keep your blood pressure down.

Molly said...

Oh, so sorry! At least you are very close, so you don't have to o it for too long. Good luck!

Staci said...

:( I hope your BP stays where it needs to be.... Thankfully youhave an extra set of hands right now....

Heatherlyn said...

Thank goodness that your grandma is there!!!!! At least you could safely deliver at any time. I hope that the next few weeks are not too miserable!!!!

Carrie77 said...

Try to take it easy and I will be thinking about you... before you know it you'll be holding your sweet newborn and past all this end of the pg stuff that sucks so bad!

~~Mel~~ said...

Well I'm glad you made it to DC before the pre-eclampsia decided to act up!

What was your original scheduled c-section date?