Friday, August 28, 2009

37 Weeks: Anytime Now...

I had my 37 week appointment today as well as the prenatal assessment. I was really surprised when they made me do my own group b strep test! LOL Things have changed quite a bit already since I had Aiden! They also didn't bother to check my cervix to see if I was dilated since I'm scheduled for a repeat c-section. I did get some good news though. I don't actually have pre-eclampsia, I have PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension). Not a wonderful diagnosis, but not as serious as pre-e.

After that appointment I went up to Labor and Delivery for my prenatal assessment. They got me all hooked up to the machines and the baby's heartbeat sounded great. My blood pressure was elevated, but not too bad. Then the doctor asked me about my contractions. I told her that I was having pretty bad cramps and she told me that my contractions were mild but were coming 5 minutes apart. When I went for the ultrasound to check the level of amniotic fluid, the tech said that the baby's head was super low and asked if I was feeling a lot of pressure.

I have appointments scheduled for Monday and Tuesday of next week but when I left, the nurse said that she wouldn't be surprised if she saw me again this weekend. Eeek!! I'm really nervous! I don't want to have an emergency c-section. They told me not to be concerned because it's a really large and prestigious hospital and there are tons of doctors around at all hours and even more on call. Still.... I hope I can make it until September 8!





12 comments:

~*~ Melissa ~*~ said...

Anytime now huh!

Staci said...

oh boy! Its getting close! How in the world did you give your own strep B? Madison is 2 and that has changed since then!

Stephanie said...

I hope he can hang on a bit longer for you! I'm sure you're ready to meet him, but I know how nice it is walking into the hospital knowing exactly what to expect!

Your pictures are great, you look beautiful :)

MaryAnne said...

I've never heard of doing your own strep B test, and I just had a baby - must be that particular practice?

It's nice you don't have full-out pre-eclampsia. Hope everything goes well with your c-section.

Beautiful maternity pictures!

kimert said...

You are so close! I hope he hangs in there a bit longer for you.

The maternity pictures are beautiful!

~~Mel~~ said...

Hang in there little baby, mama needs a few more weeks to prepare!!!

Melissa, you look great! Love that first photo of you.

Mel said...

You look GREAT! And you are in the home stretch! You have so many beautiful maternity photos to remember this time (of course, how could you forget it, really?)

Carrie77 said...

Beautiful pictures! It seems like you've been pregnant forever, I cannot wait to hear about your delivery...it is so close!

Mommy to a lil lady[bug] said...

Your almost there! great photos!

Molly said...

You look fabulous! Hang in there!

Kara said...

So exciting! You are almost there! You look great!

Amanda said...

You are gorgeous!

And that's weird that you had to do your own test! The doctor did mine with both babies.