Thursday, August 20, 2009

Finally Settled!

36 weeks pregnant with a 3 year old in tow, I drove the 8 hours by myself to DC this past Saturday. My grandma actually came with us and although she can't drive, it helped with the stress. I knew that if I went into labor, she would at least be able to watch Aiden! But we made it! Matt had everything settled in our new apartment and I absolutely LOVE our new place. I will try to post some pictures sometime soon.

My grandma had never been to DC, so last night we took her downtown to see some of the monuments lit up. It is such a beautiful city and I can't wait to show everything to Aiden!


9 comments:

blueviolet said...

I'm so glad you like it there. It sure is pretty all lit up at night.

Staci said...

I am so glad you made it! I can only imagine how many potty breaks you had to make! DC is one of my favorite places! I miss spending every weekend in the city!!! Enjoy all the sights!

kimert said...

Glad you had a safe trip!! i'd love to see DC one of these days!

Jennifer said...

So glad that you are in your new home! Can't wait to meet your new little guy! Hope you are feeling well and try to get some rest before Holden arrives!

Molly said...

So glad you are all settled! Now you can relax for a second and have a baby!

Liz (Loving Mom 2 Boys) said...

How lovely!! Congrats on this next big step for your family!!

Jessica said...

Can't wait to see more!

~~Mel~~ said...

Yay! I'm glad you made it safe and sound and love your new place too...that's so great. Can't wait to see more pics.

Heatherlyn said...

You will have so much fun showing everything to Aiden! I hope that your baby sleeps peacefully in a stroller because there are so many wonderful places to visit. I would love to live in the DC area for about 2 years!