Friday, August 28, 2009

The National Zoo

I know I'm supposed to be taking it easy and resting on my left side as much as possible, but that's not too much fun! Well, I was feeling really good this past Wednesday and it was a really nice day so I decided that I would take Aiden to the zoo! And I am so glad we went because we had a wonderful day!





I have to admit that I've wanted to go to the National Zoo since I found out Matt was accepted into med school here! I really wanted to see the Giant Pandas!



Anyway, the zoo was HUGE (from what I'm used to at least) and although we were there for over 5 hours we didn't get to see everything! I can't wait to take Aiden back and spend more time looking at the animals. His favorite part was the reptile house. Unfortunately!


I didn't take very many pictures, but we had quite an eventful day! The next time we go, I will try to take more pictures, and I will also pack a lunch! Admission to the zoo is free. Parking is not so cheap (ride the metro) and food is crazy! A soda from a drink machine was $3! And Aiden and I ate lunch for $10 each. He got a hotdog and applesauce and I had a cheeseburger and fries. He dropped the hotdog out of its bun onto the ground and then proceeded to spill his applesauce everywhere when he was startled by a bee. Oh my! Yup. Definitely packing our lunch next time!







We rode the metro to the zoo~ another first for Aiden. (I really wish I had a picture of that!) He loved riding the "choo choo train." On our way home, we got stuck on the metro between stops because there was a fire on the track! Luckily, no one was hurt. DC is unbelievably different than east TN. What an adventure!

3 comments:

Staci said...

What a fun and adventurous day! I love the National Zoo!! Sooo much fun! Great pics! I am glad you are settling in.... Take it easy and rest!

kimert said...

Sounds like a fun day! I love the pics and especially the panda! Knoxville zoo only has red pandas, bummer. And zoo food is expensive crazy!

~~Mel~~ said...

That panda is so cute!

Take it easy mama...but I"m glad you are having so much fun.