Sunday, August 30, 2009

Visiting Downtown DC

My grandmother has never been to Washington DC before and since I was feeling good today, we decided to take her downtown to see some of the monuments. We didn't even see close to half of the attractions but we got to see enough for her to get a feel of the city.

The White House


Matt and Aiden in front of the Washington Monument

World War II Memorial




Vietnam Memorial



Reflection Pool


Lincoln Memorial


I'm sure I'm going to take tons of repetitive pictures, but I just can't get over how beautiful the city is. I hope that Aiden will be able to enjoy DC as much as I do before we move again. Not sure when that will be... He wasn't very interested in visiting the monuments today. He was way more interested in the ducks, geese, and seagulls in the reflection pools! I can't wait to take him to the National Museum of Natural History to see the dinosaur bones. I think he will really enjoy that.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

DC is a great city! Glad you enjoyed the day, but was hoping that your next entry would be to introduce Holden!

Heatherlyn said...

Hmmm, he is a little young. But you are right, it is an amazing place! I would love to take my kids there, or live there for a year. It's been so long since I was there! At least you will really enjoy it and there are lots of places to go and things to do even with kids his age!

~~Mel~~ said...

It looks like a truly amazingly beautiful city! I'm very jealous.