Sunday, September 13, 2009

Brothers

Aiden has really taken to his role as big brother. He wants to be around Holden all the time! When I change his diaper (on a changing pad in the floor), Aiden lays down beside him and says, "Hey, little brother. Did you know that I love you so very much?" Holden will just stare at Aiden and move his little hands around. Aiden loves this and says, "Mommy! He likes me!" It's too cute.

And Aiden is such a huge help. He is constantly bringing me diapers and blankets and trying to cover Holden up. He's even "helped" me change a poopy diaper! LOL But every time, he hears Holden crying, he says, "Mommy! The baby's crying. I think he wants you." So far that's the only thing he dislikes about his brother!

The other day I was trying to explain to Aiden why he isn't allowed to pick Holden up. I will let him hold the baby but only if one of us is right beside him. I tried to tell him that his neck wasn't strong enough to hold his head up yet. Aiden said, "Don't worry, Mommy. His head won't fall off, it's glued on."

Meeting Holden for the first time at the hospital

The first time Aiden got to hold his little brother
Our first day home from the hospital. Aiden is making his "mean face"


7 comments:

kimert said...

Aiden sounds like the sweetest big brother!!! Those pics are great. Even his mean face is too cute! :)

Carrie77 said...

Wow, he is really a big helper!! They are going to be so close!

Heatherlyn said...

Wow! Two little boys. It's just amazing. I love what he said about his head being glued on. So dang cute!

Jessica said...

So sweet! LOVE the pictures!!

Molly said...

His head is glued on! Hilarious!
I got my nephews the same big brother to wear at the hospital. It is too cute!

~~Mel~~ said...

I love this post...and each and every picture of your boys...they are absolutely precious!

The Rambler said...

Melissa...I haven't been by in a while and i read on someone's blog you had your baby!! I wanted to come and say congrats!!

And the picture of your two boys together at the hospital is precious!!

All my best.