Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sushi and Ice Cream

Yesterday was mine and Matt's sixth wedding anniversary! I cannot believe we've been married for that long! Six years, three states, and two kiddos... Wonder what's in store for us in the next six years! We always go to dinner on our anniversary and when he asked me what I wanted, I answered, "Sushi and ice cream!" He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Gross. What a combo." But that's what we had! I have been craving sushi this entire pregnancy, but dismissed it because I didn't think I could have it. I completely forgot that you can order it cooked! Oh my...



At 1:00 last night, I started having really bad contractions and extreme pain in my lower back. I tried walking around, taking a bath, anything that I could think of to ease the pain. Finally, I woke Matt up at 5:00 and told him that I wanted to go to the hospital. I got him to time my contractions and they were coming ten minutes apart, so I decided to deal with the pain and wait for a bit. At 9:30, my contractions were about five minutes apart and I was still having the constant pain in my lower back. I called Labor and Delivery and they had me come in. They put me on a monitor and said that my contractions were coming at five minute intervals and that the intense back pain was back labor. Something I never experienced with Aiden. The doctor then checked to see if I was dilated. I wasn't (This was one of the reasons I had to have an emergency c-section with Aiden). So they sent me home! While I'm having contractions every five minutes!

Apparently, it's military policy not to perform a c-section until 39 weeks (I'm 38 weeks, 5 days) unless your water has broken or your cervix has dilated to a certain degree. So now, I wait. I'm just hoping that either my water breaks really soon or that this back labor eases up. I'm really not sure how I'm going to get through two more full days of this... Tylenol is no match for contractions!

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I love the pic. I'm not one to like sushi, but this is adorable!

I cannot believe you only have a few more days. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to 'meet' your little guy! I know the c/section will go great and I'll be thinking of you on 09-09-09! (What an awesome birthday to have!)

Kati said...

That is the policy of many doctors because most times due dates are guesstimates because people dont know when their last period was.

Anyway.. I cannot believe how far along you already.. really! REAL Labor dust your way!! :)

Amanda said...

Ok, I just left that comment and I probably should have asked if you were having the baby on that day. I know you had mentioned it before. I guess I'll just be thinking of you and the family every day until I hear of Holden's arrival! :)

kimert said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

I hope you get some rest! Back labor is NO fun!

Carrie77 said...

Happy anniversary and hang in there! Icecream sushi? It looks pretty!!!

Chaotic Kristy said...

Happy Anniversury!

Back labor is so horrible. I don't understand why they would send you home, what if you start to dilate how will you know? Man That is so scary. You will be in my thoughts.

Good Luck Mommy and try to hang in there. I know how bad back labor is and it's no joy ride.

Mommy to a lil lady[bug] said...

Back Labor is the worst! Good luck I hope your water breaks!!

MaryAnne said...

Back labor is no fun! I had ineffective back labor like that with my son, it was miserable. Hot water bottles helped me a bit more than tylenol, but it was still miserable.

Here's hoping the back labor eases up or your water breaks very soon - and that you have a smooth delivery.

Staci said...

you poor girl! I hope the pain eases up!

Heatherlyn said...

I agree that tylonol is no match for back labor! Ouch. You'll make it! I guess you have no choice!

~~Mel~~ said...

Back labour is NOT fun....I remember it even 8 years later!

Your anniversary sounds like so much fun...minus the sushi..I am not a fan...but the boyfriend sure is!

Jessica said...

Congrats on your anniversary!

You poor thing! Back labor....ooohhhh no. I can only imagine how disappointed you were when they sent you home. I hope the little guy comes soon and gives you a break! :D