Monday, October 19, 2009

I LOVE Fall!

My favorite season has always been summer. I love hot weather and being able to go swimming, and going to the beach, but I think October through December is my favorite time of the year now. There are just so many fun activities to do this time of year and it's so much more fun when you have a little one to share it with.

Matt's school has a student spouse club and I have joined the parent tot group. We have met a few times for playdates and Aiden is really enjoying it. Recently, we went to a fall festival with the group. I love everything about these farms from the corn mazes (which we didn't do!) to the hayrides and pumpkin patches to the playgrounds. We've gone to the one in TN each fall and I'm really going to miss it this year.

This is the first year that Aiden has actually been able to enjoy it. Too fun!

Aiden LOVED the hay jump. It was really hard to get him to move on to other activities!





Then he had lots of fun on the big slides. He sat on a piece of burlap and made sure to scoot to the very end of the slide each time! I was so proud of him going up the stairs and waiting in line by himself. I couldn't go down the slide wearing Holden and it was too crowded to go back down once he got to the top. He told me that he was a big boy and he could do it by himself!






The only bad part about our trip? I am hopeless at driving in the DC area! I get lost ALL the time. I printed out directions from Mapquest to get to the farm and figured I could just follow those directions back home. Wrong! It took us 20 minutes to get to the farm and an hour and a half to get back home! I think a GPS would be a good investment for me!

6 comments:

kimert said...

It looks like a really fun day!!! I love the pics of Aiden jumping on the hay. :)

MaryAnne said...

GPS saves my life in the Boston metro area...

Mommy to a lil lady[bug] said...

Looks like lots of fun!

Summer is my favorite season for weather. Fall is my favorite season for activites!

Heatherlyn said...

I love fall too. It's so much fun for the kids. Aiden must have had a wonderful time!

If you get a GPS, we've had a really good experience with the Magellan and the Garmund ... NOT the TomTom.

Carrie77 said...

I love having a GPS. WOW, the hay jump looks so cool, Nathan would love something like that...and those slides are just... AMAZING!

Staci said...

I know just where you guys went! That place is AWESOME!!!! We go there every year! Sorry you had a hard time getting back home :(