Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Neighborhood Fall Festival

I am really going to try to start blogging again, but when I have the time, I'm just too exhausted to make the effort! I'm literally holding Holden 22 hours out of every day, but I have been doing quite a few activities with Aiden. I will try to post everything within the next few days...
.
This past weekend I took Aiden and Holden to our neighborhood fall festival. I love living in a place that offers so many activities for children. I didn't really know what to expect at the fall festival, but it was great for Aiden! They had lots of activities aimed at preschoolers: a train ride, a carousel, pumpkin painting, a children's band, and several large inflatables for them to climb on.
.
Aiden has really started getting over his shyness. When he wanted to go into this one huge inflatable where he would have to hold onto a rope to climb up two of the walls, I kept questioning him if he was sure he wanted to do it. I know I should have been encouraging him, but just a few weeks ago, he wouldn't go into the McDonalds playland by himself and I could just see them making me go in there (with Holden in the Moby wrap) to get Aiden! But of course, I let him try and he did it! He was really proud of himself!


Here is the small rope wall that he climbed up. The second one was twice as high, but I couldn't get a good picture of it.



After climbing the second wall, he went down a huge slide!


Next up: the train ride. Neither of us realized how fast the train went. You can see Aiden holding on during the first trip around the circle!


More inflatable fun!



And before we left, I got him an ice cream cone.


Holden slept the entire time we were at the festival. Why oh why can't he do that at home when I can rest too?! But I really enjoy this time of year. It seems like there are tons of events to welcome in the fall!

3 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

He is looking so grown up! I can't believe how grown up he looks in one year! I love fall festivals. They are so great for kids!

Jessica said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I wish our community had more childrens events/activities.

How do you like your moby wrap? I am debating on getting one. I bought a sling and I just don't feel like Cameron is secure in it.

~~Mel~~ said...

Aww he's growing up so fast!

Your description of the playland fear reminded me that Riley climbed to the top of one once and was too scared to get down. Thankfully a dad there was already on his way up to get his daughter and offered to get Riley for me too lol.

Love the messy ice cream face!