Saturday, October 24, 2009

Quotes From Aiden

I haven't been writing down the funny things Aiden says as much as I used to. I need to get back into that habit. But here are a few quotes that I want to remember:

Aiden was playing with Holden (showing him a rattle while he was lying on a blanket) when he looked up at me. He said, "Mommy, when are you going to get another baby in your tummy? Next time can we get a girl?"

Aiden is completely used to the fact that I have to constantly carry Holden around in order to keep him from crying. While I was in the shower yesterday morning, Holden fell asleep in his swing in the bathroom. He was still sleeping when Aiden called me. When I went in the room, he studied me for a second and said, "Mommy, is Holden back in your tummy?"

I was getting ready to go workout after I put Aiden to bed. I kissed him goodnight and he asked me to lay down with him. (My mom was holding Holden at the time). I stayed with him for a few minutes and then told him that he needed to go to sleep and I needed to go exercise. He patted my stomach and said, "That's OK, Mommy. I want your tummy to stay big forever." Thanks a lot buddy! LOL

4 comments:

Mel said...

That's sweet. Well, maybe not the last one - but funny anyway!

parentingBYdummies said...

Sounds like my #2 who reminds my older son that the main reason to stick to a healthy diet is so as not to end up with a fat belly like Mommy. At least I'm an inspiration!

Heatherlyn said...

What a sweet kid!!!!

It seems that it takes that baby tummy a little bit longer to go away with each baby. But it eventually does. :)

Molly said...

So funny! He wants a sister, jeeze! Get to work!