Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Whale of a Time

ha ha. I just couldn't resist! This goes back to the middle of last week when Aiden was wanting to do art projects of animals he saw in our Alaska photo album. I couldn't come up with a single whale project idea so I decided to let him do more of a scenery/texture project instead.

First, I made a killer whale and then cut out a mountain shape. I then let Aiden paint the mountain with glue.


I gave him a small bowl of powdered sugar to sprinkle on his mountain as snow.

We then made salt water by pouring salt in some blue paint.


And Aiden insisted that his picture needed some glitter. And really what project is complete without a little bit of gitter?!


The finished product. I think it turned out really cute!


4 comments:

Molly said...

Cute!

kimert said...

That is a great project!! Aiden did a wonderful job. :)

Stephanie said...

Oh, wow!! That actually looks really neat, totally frameable.

~~Mel~~ said...

It did turn out really cute! You have such great ideas!