Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Harder Than Med School

The first semester of med school is almost over! Only 7 more semesters to go! Matt has been studying a TON this year. I've never seen him study so much. In undergrad, he barely cracked a book and made the dean's list every semester. Now, he studies all evening and is at the library for at least half of the day on Saturday and Sunday.

And I'm one of the lucky ones. At least he's home every night for dinner and we are able to go out every Saturday evening (with the boys). Some of the girls in my parent tot group complain that they don't see their husbands until 10 at night and then he's gone again by 6 the next morning. That would be really hard. I'm lonely enough as it is! I don't even want to think about third year when he will be away for six weeks at a time for rotations...

Anyway, Matt comes home a lot of evenings and tells me how hard his day has been. He tells me how much he has to know and how difficult it is to study so much all day every day. Then he tells me how lucky I am that I chose not to go to med school and get to stay at home all day.


Instead of going to the library yesterday, Matt decided to study at home in the office. Even though he was in there with the door shut, he was able to hear what goes on when I'm at home all day!

His comment at the end of the day: "I don't see how you do it. Staying at home with these two wild ones is harder than med school."
Finally!

I do have to admit that yesterday was a more difficult day than normal. There was a LOT of crying (Holden wasn't feeling well). There was a LOT of yelling (Aiden was in a crazy mood and kept attacking me while I was trying to vacuum and fold clothes, etc). But I'm so glad that he finally understands that staying at home isn't as easy as it sounds!

7 comments:

KatherineAnne said...

Medical School is tough but I think being a stay at home Mom is just as tough if not much harder! I am glad your medschool Mr. understands :)

I hope you are having a great week!

Shell said...

It definitely is not easy to stay at home. Hardest job I've ever had!

Taylor @ Jimmy Choos and a Baby Too said...

Oh how perfect that there was extra crying on the day he was home for him to hear! My hubs works from his home office a lot and it seems like its usually on the days that R. is really well behaved haha!

The Blonde Duck said...

If staying home was easy, more men would do it....

Jessica said...

I'm so glad he stayed home and now knows what you go through! Doesn't it at least make you feel a little better now that he can understand? You may still have to go through it every day but at least you don't have someone saying "I had a hard day, your so lucky you get to just stay home with the kids." lol

Children are such a blessing, but boy are they a TON of work!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I think being a SAHM is harder than teaching 24 children.

Crystal said...

Amen Sister! I'm not even a SAHM, but I think he sees all the things I have to take care of when I have to travel for work. Lunches, permission slips, baths, laundry, book reading, sibling mediation...the list goes on and on. :)