Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It Looked Like Mud... But It Wasn't

Seriously... need I say more?

So this is what happened this morning... The city that we live in requires you to have a parking permit to park on the street between certain times of the day. We happen to live in an apartment complex that doesn't have assigned parking spots. Instead, we have to parallel park on the street. We've lived here since August and I just found out about this permit business last week when I got a $40 ticket. So obviously, they don't check that often.

The other day I took the boys to the police station to buy a permit, but there weren't any available parking spots within a mile of the building! So I figured I would try to go back sometime this week or mail my application in. Well...

This morning I had my hair in curlers and Aiden was running around in his underwear when I just happened to look outside and see a police officer putting a ticket on the car parked on the opposite side of the street. Oh, no! I was NOT going to get another ticket! I grabbed the curlers out of my hair as I pulled on a pair of jeans and yelled at Aiden to grab his shoes. I put Holden in his carseat, helped Aiden button his pants and got his shoes on. I took the time to put Aiden's coat on him, and grabbed mine as I walked out the door. Aiden still had on his pajama shirt. My hair was crazy and I was wearing a sleeveless shirt. I was a mess. That's when one of my neighbors stepped out and said, "Have we met?" Oh no!

I managed to get away pretty quickly. We ran through the grass and made it to our car before the police officer had time to get to our side of the street. While Aiden was getting in the car he stepped on his blanket and the DVD player leaving muddy footprints. After I had buckled him up, I noticed that somehow I had also gotten mud all over my hand. I stopped in my tracks. "What is that smell?!" Oh EW!! Sure enough, Aiden's right shoe was covered in dog poo. Dog poo. On the floor. On the DVD player. On his blanket. On my hand! Thank goodness I had baby wipes and hand sanitizer! The blanket was already dirty so I grabbed it and wiped everything up with that and threw it in the trunk. Luckily, I was able to drive around the block and find a (one of six) parking spot that we are allowed to park in without a permit. Then I cleaned and sanitized some more. What a morning!

14 comments:

MyWorld said...

Ha! I was surprised to hear it was dog poo! I was almost expecting another "he painted himself" blog.

Gotta love it.

KatherineAnne said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad you had some baby wipes and hand sanitizer!!! YUCK! We always try to pick up after Emma to prevent something like that from happening =/ Yikes! Hope you have an easier morning tomorrow!
xo, KA

Taylor @ Jimmy Choos and a Baby Too said...

Oh no! you did have a morning !

Shell said...

I'm laughing at your neighbor introducting himself at that point!

But, the mess....EW! Sadly, it's not even close to the worst poop mess I've had to deal with.

KatherineAnne said...

Yes. You can use cooked chicken. I bake the chicken before I put it in the Witches Brew Chicken Stew and it works out reall well :)!! Good luck!

Iva said...

oh yucky! :-/ lol

InspiredDreamer said...

Hi, stopping by from SITS! I can just picture the look on your face when you realize that wasn't mud... oh goodness!! At least you're able to laugh about it now, right? :)

Have an Extraordinary Day!

Crystal said...

Stopping by from SITS! Oh my goodness...what a day you had, hehe! Reminds me of the time I was going to the bank, and I had to park a little ways away, and there was a little island with grass on it that I had to walk across to get to the bank. I had two of my daughters with me, and on our way across the grass, I slipped...in dog poo...but there was still a ton on the bottom of my shoe, and I had to go stand in line at the bank smelling like poop. Ew.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Oh yuk! How awful! But I'm glad you didn't get a ticket!

Yankee Girl said...

Poop is not fun! Especially when it is all over your hand. I work with animals and I usually get pooped on at least once during a shift. I'm not proud that I am used to being covered in poop.

Stopping by from SITS!

Cristina said...

Poo and tickets.

The worst combination and I don't know if I've ever heard of those two great coming together before or since.

I would have kept the curlers in. And the neighbor would have been pooed!

xx

Cristina

Carrie77 said...

That sounds like the worse morning ever... Oh man... I would have been in the worst mood after that. Hope you get a permit soon!!!

Confessions From A Working Mom said...

Oh yuck yuck yuck yuck!!!

YUCK!

I can't say it enough...

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Heatherlyn said...

Ewwww!!!! What a crazy morning! Baby wipes do come in handy for so many things!