Saturday, December 5, 2009

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

When we woke up this morning, I looked outside and saw that it was snowing! I had heard that there was a chance of snow, but I ignored it since I'm so used to the overly optimistic snow chances in TN. I'm not sure what to expect with the winters up here yet.

Aiden was so excited to see it snowing and wanted to go outside immediately. I was on the phone with my grandmother when still in his pajamas with bare feet Aiden asked me to unlock the door to the deck so he could play in the snow. I said, "You can't go outside without shoes!" He ran to his room and came back carrying his flip flops! (The only shoes he can put on by himself right now) I laughed and told him that he needed shoes and socks and a COAT!


Finally, he was bundled up and ready to play!

So it snowed all day and all evening for a total of about 5 or 6 inches. That's a huge snow compared to what we're used to! Since this was Holden's first snow, I wanted to get a few pictures of him outside. We had to wait until Matt got home from the library (I hate finals week!) and it was already dark.


Aiden right before hitting me in the eye with that snowball!



Aiden had lots of fun playing in the snow, but Holden had different thoughts about it.



I've got to get some good pictures of Holden so everyone will believe that he IS happy most of the time! I took Holden inside to warm up and Matt and Aiden played a little longer.


2 comments:

Mommy to a lil lady[bug] said...

Kids always get so excited It hasnt snowed yet here. My daughter is looking forward to it tho.

Carrie77 said...

Heeheehee, love the picture of Holden!! Reminds me of Miss Auttie at that age... Aiden looks like he had a blast! No snow in STL yet!