Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Milestones and Lessons Learned

My boys are getting bigger and learning new things every day. While staying at home with them and doing all the chores that comes along with being a stay at home mom is far more exhausting than I had anticipated, I feel so lucky to be able to spend this much time with them.

Milestones


Holden is 3 months old today! I can't believe how big he's getting already!

On Sunday (December 6) Holden rolled over from his tummy to his back for the first time! (It might have been a fluke because he hasn't repeated it, but I was proud all the same!) The same day he also discovered his feet. He was sitting in his swing and kicking his legs. All of a sudden he looked at his feet and tilted his head and stared at his feet like, what are those? It was too cute.

He's my little chubby buddy!


Lessons Learned

I have been working on mixing colors with Aiden for quite some time. I have tried mixing two different colors of paint. I've tried adding food coloring to water and having him mix the water.


For some reason these lessons never stuck. Well, we were sitting on the couch this morning when out of nowhere he said, "Mommy, did you know that blue and yellow make green?" I was so proud! I asked him how he knew that and he said, "Do you remember when we visited Grana? They had blue water in the potty and when I went pee pee, the water turned green!" Whatever works, right?!

8 comments:

Kati said...

OMG! I always have a hard time leaving comments on your blog because this little box never loads correctly on my computer. FINALLY!!

You boys are getting soooooo big. Holden is adorable.. and I still love his name!!!

And.. man.. you are preparing me for a 3 year old boy.. he is too funny!!

I hope things are going well for you!

kimert said...

Your boys are getting big! It's amazing how fast kids grow up.

Aiden is a smart little guy! And YES, whatever works! :)

Elizabeth a.k.a. Type A Mommy said...

Too funny, kids are hilarious like that. Your boys are just beautiful, and I love your blog design! Stopping by from SITS to say hello today. Have a great day! :)

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Your little "Chubby Buddy" is so cute! Discovering things on one's own is always more meaningful!

Visiting from SITS.

B said...

HA! That's great about the potty water! I'm crackin' up!

Jessica said...

Hahaha! Aiden is hilarious! Boys will be boys!

Holden looks so cute! I love his overalls!

Heatherlyn said...

Oh that is so funny! Who knew you just needed to put the right color food dye in the toilet bowls?!!!

I love when babies discover their feet. When my middle child discovered her feet it was wonderful because she would be happy for 10 or 15 minutes at a time just playing with them. That was a lot of time back then for me to quickly get something done!


Your boys are so cute!

~~Mel~~ said...

I just love Aiden's personality...but I've told you that a million times!

Holden is adorable...you are giving me baby fever...stop it!!! lol.