Monday, December 14, 2009

Really, I'm Just Not That Into It...

Oh chocolate! How I love thee! Seriously. I am a huge chocolate fanatic.

Chocolate chip cookies? Yum! Double chocolate chip cookies? Even better! Those mini candy bars that Aiden got for Halloween? Don't worry. He prefers Skittles and lollipops. That bag of Oreos that I just bought at the store? Oh, sorry. You wanted one? Um, they're already gone. Chocolate fudge? I can eat half a pan before it starts to make me queasy. I could go on...

BUT white chocolate? No thanks! When I think of chocolate this variety never comes to mind. But I really didn't know that I disliked it until tonight.

Aiden and I made cookies and cream fudge today. Matt really liked it when someone brought it to a Christmas party a couple of years ago and I wanted to surprise him by making some. And it was SO easy!

Here's the super easy recipe:
18oz white chocolate chips, 1 can Eagle Brand milk, 20 Oreo cookies, and 1/8 tsp salt.

Melt the chocolate over medium low to low heat with the salt and Eagle Brand milk.

Aiden wanted to help. I never let him in the kitchen when I use the stove because I'm always worried that he will get burned. And burned he got. I was trying to take a picture of him pouring the eagle brand milk into the pan and instead got this picture:

Align Center
He just jumped back but didn't say anything. I asked him why he threw the can in the pan. And he said, "I got burned." It wasn't a bad burn, but I still felt terrible about it. He said, "I will have to wait until I get bigger to help around the stove. Then I can be more careful." I let him run his finger under some cool water and then he asked to help with the cookies.


When we picked the Oreos up at the store I told Aiden that he could have a couple of them after dinner. But when he saw me breaking up the cookies for the fudge, he started crying because I was "ruining them". Oreos are the one chocolate thing that he likes just as much as his mommy! I had to show him that I didn't use the entire package before he would calm down.


Anyway. After everything was melted and the cookies were stirred in, I poured the mixture into a pan and put it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.



I then removed the fudge from the pan and cut it into small pieces.



I was so excited to try it! And then after the first bite. Eh... Just not into it. I won't be eating any more of it. In fact, I don't care if I ever have another bite of white chocolate ever again. But those leftover Oreos? Oh yeah. They are long gone!

And now it's time for me to do my workout... (60 walking lunges touching knee to floor, 50 situps. Repeat 5 times as quickly as possible. If you wanted to know!)

10 comments:

Lora said...

thankfully I LOVE white chocolate and will be trying this recipe!

(regular chocolate...I can take or leave. pair it with mint though and I'm hooked)

Visiting from SITS--have a great day!

Mel said...

Well, that just may be the recipe that white chocolate exists for. That and peppermint bark! Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

KatherineAnne said...

I cannnot stand white chocolate either...I mean at all...unless the white chocolate is on top of some dark chocolate and sprinkled with peppermint pieces. :) And I am totally eating an oreo right now. Crazy! Maybe I need to try this workout business you speak of...maybe that way I do not feel so guilty for indulging my chocolate cravings! I hope you are having a great Tuesday!
xo, KA

KatherineAnne said...

Oh and I just read your second comment...first year? I am always really happy to make other "blogger" friends who understand what I it means to be married to a med student! Stay in touch :)
xo, KA

KatherineAnne said...

Oh and I just read your second comment...first year? I am always really happy to make other "blogger" friends who understand what I it means to be married to a med student! Stay in touch :)
xo, KA

The Blonde Duck said...

I love making treats I don't like. I won't eat them that way.

Carrie77 said...

Yum! I can't wait to bake some cookies next week. You've been making lots of yummy treats lately.

Cristina said...

Holy crap that looks awesome. I do like white chocolate, but only like this - as in melted and ready for dipping or fudge.

Did he like it?

Did Mommy like the lunges?

OUCH!

With love from SITS,

Cristina

Taylor @ Jimmy Choos and a Baby Too said...

Oh yum!!! And maybe I should follow in your footsteps and go do my lunges for the day..ugh!

Crystal said...

I really really REALLY like white chocolate. In fact, with this pregnancy, I've eaten a cookies & cream bar (white chocolate & oreos) just about EVERY day in my 3rd trimester. Eek!