Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Whole Lot of Random

I had planned on taking Aiden and Holden to see Santa today. I don't have a cute holiday outfit or sweater for Holden, so I decided to dress them in something that matched. Matt just shakes his head, but I LOVE having them wear the same thing! I think it's cute...


Anyway, before heading to the mall, I wanted to stop by the store to grab a couple of things. We only live 1/4 mile from Safeway and on that short drive two cars almost ran into me. People don't normally drive that crazy here. Then when we finally got to the grocery store, there wasn't a single parking spot. What in the world is going on?! Apparently, we are supposed to get a ton of snow tonight. Up to 20 inches...

Huh. I had no idea that people panicked about snow here! I've never seen anything like it. I drove back home, bundled Aiden and Holden up and we walked to the store. With everyone going crazy I decided to put off our Santa trip. The store was chaos! They were completely out of milk and I got the last carton of eggs... And the lines were backed up to the middle of the store. Unbelievable.

So what to do when the city is in the midst of shutting down? Make cupcakes!

I made red and green icing for our cupcakes. When Aiden saw me add the food coloring, he almost started to cry. "Now we can't eat it! You put that nasty stuff in it!"


Aiden learned something new today. While I was getting everything ready, he decided to crack one of the eggs. He actually squeezed it until it burst open splattering me with all that goo.
After taking a few deep breaths, I calmly wiped my face and showed him how to crack the eggs the right way. After doing it perfectly, he said, "Can we buy some more eggs tomorrow so I can crack them?"

Can you tell he likes sprinkles?

I think he likes them!


When Matt came home from school (his finals are over now!!!) he brought a Santa hat. I put it on and Aiden said, "Mommy, you are NOT Santa." I said, "Yes, I am." He studied me for a minute and said, "You can't be Santa. You don't have a mane." I asked him what a mane was. He said, "Uh! You know. That big long thing that hangs off your face." {Smile} I just love the things he comes up with!

14 comments:

Tina said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Your blog is adorable - can't wait to follow. I see Lindsey designed your blog as well, super cute!

momentsinaneye said...

Good Morning, Coming to you by way of SITS. You have adorable children and your cupcakes look yummy. I am ready to have one now. Yes, the weather is bad here in Michigan too. You got more snow than we did, but snow is snow and it is December. Thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

Happy Saturday Sharefest. I am so glad you had some fun baking time with the boys. I enjoyed doing that when my kids were younger. They are model-cute, you know :). If you get a chance, feel free to stop by my blog and tell me how to auto post. Have a blessed Christmas - we are dealing with a bedroom flood today that hit the Christmas gifts (fortunately they were still in the plastic shopping bags). Thanks for letting me vent a little!

Stephanie Faris said...

They're adorable!!! I did the same thing with sprinkles this week...put WAY too many on! But it tasted delicious so that's all that mattered.

Shell said...

I love to dress my boys alike and will do it as long as they let me get away with it!

The stores were nuts here yesterday, too. People grabbing up milk, eggs, and bread like they were going to be trapped in their houses for weeks. And the closest the snow is coming to us is 3 hours west!

Mommy to a lil lady[bug] said...

Hailee loves to bake cupcakes and add lots of sprinkles too

LOl at the Mane!!

Dawn said...

I love dressing my kids the same too-it's so cute!!

Our stores were crazy today too-I went out for a bit but got out as quick as I could!!

Cute pictures of your boys-Happy SITS sharefest and thanks for stopping by my blog last week.

momentsinaneye said...

Thank you for your comment. I followed your weather all day yesterday. Wow...that is a lot of snow. I agree with you. I would rather have snow than freezing temps. Have fun in the snow with the boys.

KatherineAnne said...

Yay for finals being over!!! The Christmas cupcakes look very yummy! I hope y'all are staying warm in all that snow :) Happy Sunday! xo, KA

Adriana said...

What a crazy-busy day! But the boys look adorable!

Crystal said...

HA on Santa's mane! :) Too funny! Weird about the store - but I heard that this weekend rivaled 'Black Friday' for people being out and about doing Christmas shopping - apparently people want to make sure they have enough food for Christmas. It makes me nervous because I actually need to go to pick up a few things, but I don't want to deal with the crowds.

Heatherlyn said...

I have noticed that many children enjoy sprinkles!

I also enjoyed dressing my kids in matching outfits. Enjoy it while they still let you!

Carrie77 said...

Those cupcakes look delicious, I want one... and, wow, Saint Louis shuts down if they predict 4" of snow, I can't imagine how crazy it'd be here if they predicted 20". Love the matching shirts!

kanishk said...

it tasted delicious so that's all that mattered.

lise charmel