Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wordful Wednesday: This Is Why I Dread My Morning Shower

Aiden has been quite the wild one lately. It's gotten to the point that I dread taking a shower while he's awake because I don't know what I will find when I get out. SO why not just shower before he gets up? Well... Holden has been keeping me up until around 2 or 3 every night and Aiden has been getting up at 6:30. I'm just too tired to take a shower before then! This morning I thought, surely if I give him an activity, he won't get into anything. Um.. I thought wrong!


When I got out of the shower, he was covered in marker. Hands, fingernails, face, arms... He had even taken off one of his socks and drawn on his foot! He showed me his hands and said, "This would be a really good picture, Mommy." What will I do with him?!

Check out Seven Clown Circus for more Wordful Wednesday!

14 comments:

blueviolet said...

Oh wow! Well, the first thing you'll need to do is clean him up! ;)

Cutie pie!

Shell said...

I have to shower at night, after my boys are asleep.

Did he at least only get himself or is there marker on your walls or furniture?

Rebecca Jo said...

I love that he thought it would be a good picture!!! haha!!!

Maybe you need to switch to night time showers after he's sleeping! :)

Kati said...

Haha! That looks about right.

About 2 weeks ago, the little miss decided to draw on my WHITE puffer coat with a BLUE pen! Ahh.. it took a whole can of hairspray and far to much of my day to get it off!

Mommy to a lil lady[bug] said...

Hailee did this 2 weeks ago!! I have moved the markers up high so she can no longer draw on herself!

Carrie77 said...

I always have Jeremi watch Autumn while I shower, but after my 15 minutes shower I am stuck entertaining Autumn AND getting ready for work. Not fun. Why can't these kids sleep in?!

Stephanie said...

Ugh! My kids do really crazy, destructive things when I shower as well. It's horrible. Yesterday I got them to being a couple books and a puzzle in the bathroom and sit down in there so I knew what they were doing. Much too boring for them... when I got out, there was toilet paper and puzzle pieces everywhere and they were both naked. They are at the most frustrating ages!!!

Iva said...

awww LOL kids are so fantastic!! even more so when covered in markers ;)

MyWorld said...

Ha! Can I make a book suggestion for him:

http://www.amazon.com/Notable-Childrens-Books-Younger-Readers/dp/0152024883

Xmas Dolly said...

I would tell that baby boy you are going to show that picture to Santa. Oh my goodness. I feel for you. My boys were the same way. I'm your newst follower. Hope you can find time to come follow me.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Boy does this sound familiar. Both with him getting into things and my husband being at work, which leaves me little time to get a shower, etc. unless I take my son into the bathroom with me.

KatherineAnne said...

Oh my! Wow... At least it is always interesting? :) I hope you had a lovely Wednesday! xo, KA

Tara R. said...

How funny. I hope it was easy to wash off. My 16yo son will sometime ask 'are you going to blog that.'

Jessica said...

Oh boy! I totally know what you mean. I get up at 5:30 to take my shower and even then one or both of the boys are usually up...can't win!