Friday, January 30, 2009
This afternoon he was looking at my blog and he saw my ultrasound picture. I asked him what it was and he said, "That the baby!" Then he looked up at me and said, "Mommy, can I get back in your tummy?" He decided against it when I told him that it would be dark and there wouldn't be any toys.
Then tonight, he handed me his blanket and said, "Here, Mommy. Hold my baby." A few minutes later I asked him where his baby was and he said, "My baby in my tummy." I asked him where mommy's baby was and he said, "Mommy's baby already come out. I right here."
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
But I really don't like having to pay $15 to get his hair cut. And the last time Matt attempted to cut his hair, it turned out slightly disasterous! No more of that!
After Matt gave him that horrible haircut, Aiden kept saying, "Aiden look good now!" It made me cry! So, I guess I'll be shelling out 15 dollars for a hair cut this weekend!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
He really wanted to build a snowman, but this was the best I could do with dry snow!
He laughed and said, "That a snowman, Mommy?"
He really enjoyed that. So I spent the rest of our time outside making piles of snow for him to step on. I think it's so funny how all children love to knock things over!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
First off, I've gone through some major family drama. I've been majorly stressed about this issue but couldn't bring myself to write about it. Things were really rocky for a few days, but I think everything will work itself out now.
Aiden has been really sick. We were actually in the ER until 3:30 this morning. He had a pretty bad cold earlier in the week and it just kept getting progressively worse. I took him to the doctor but we weren't able to see his primary physician. The doctor I saw prescribed him a medication that I questioned him about. I also questioned the pharmacist when picking it up and was assured that it was fine. Before bed, Matt gave Aiden the medicine and he woke up a few hours later with severe vomiting and a really high fever. We rushed him to the ER and were told that the medication that he had been prescribed was too strong for his system. Ugh! He's doing MUCH better today though!
I was just diagnosed with pregnancy-induced anemia today. I haven't been feeling all that great for the past couple of weeks. I kept getting really bad dizzy spells. It got really bad yesterday and I actually fainted. I went to the doctor this morning and was told that I have moderate anemia. Fortunately, this can be treated with iron supplements and I should be as good as new in a couple of months!
So it's not been a fun week, but everything is getting better. I've got a lot of catching up to do with the bloggy world! And I promise, my next post will be much happier!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
1. I really do NOT like to sleep. I've never grown out of the "I might miss something if I fall asleep" phase. Even on days when I'm really exhausted because I only slept for 4 hours the night before, I can't make myself go to bed before midnight! Of course, Aiden doesn't like to sleep either!
2. I get bored really easily. I can't stand to stay home all day. I have to get out of the house and do something every day. Aiden is constantly asking me, "What are we going to do today." Because I always have some sort of plan!
3. I am obsessed with Gymboree. I have to buy something for Aiden there almost every time we go to the mall. The clothes for Aiden are really cute, but the girl stuff is like 10 times better. It's going to be really bad if this baby is a girl....
4. I lose my car keys all the time (Heatherlyn had this one on her blog too). Half of the time, I end up emptying my entire tote and still can't find them. Then I walk to my car and realize that I left them in the ignition! In the parking lot with my doors unlocked. I am so lucky my car hasn't been stolen.
5. I LOVE glittery lip gloss. I seriously have 15 tubes of it right now. Do I need all of that? Of course not. But any time I see a lip gloss on sale, I cannot pass it up.
6. I am fascinated by sharks. When I was younger, I used to watch the Discovery Channel's shark week and take notes! I read this article about a place in Belize where you can swim with nurse sharks. I would Love to do that!
7. I love Krispy Kreme doughnuts. They don't have a store in Anchorage, but people have them shipped up for fundraisers. Matt bought me a box of plain Krispy Kreme doughnuts once and I ate all twelve of them before he got home from work! Needless to say, I don't get them that often!
Now, I have to tag 7 others to list 7 random facts about themselves:
1. Pam at Country Mouse, City Mouse
2. Staci at Playing House
3. Carole at Youngest of 3 Sisters
4. April the Tuperware Diva
5. Jennifer at Braving Boyhood- My Journey on Raising Boys
6. Mary Beth at Boo Bear's Place
7. Kati Sue* at Backwoods Homemaker Barbie
You can make up your own rules for how you want to give this award so I would like to pass it on to a few of the blogs that I read every day. If you don't already read these blogs, check them out!
Kristen at Something about Nothin
Yaya at Yaya Stuff
Katie Sue* at Backwoods Homemaker Barbie
Mel at Mommy of 2 Princesses
Heatherlynn at Colt Family Blog
Monday, January 19, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
The recipe says to drizzle the glaze onto the cake once you remove it from the oven. Well, the first time I made this cake, I didn't really think there was a difference between drizzle and pour... Uh, yeah. There is. We had a slightly soggy, gooey cake that time.
Happy Birthday, Matt! I did my best!
I have to say, I've never been a big fan of carrot cake. But this cake is absolutely fabulous! Now, if the Steelers could just hurry up and win their game... I would really like a piece of cake!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
This recipe makes a pretty good fingerpaint. It smells really good and has an interesting texture. It's really thick paint.