Sunday, February 14, 2010

I Heart Valentine's Day

I know there are many people out there who shun Valentine's Day because it's a "commercial holiday". But, I love Valentine's day! I love everything about it, all of the hearts, the chocolates, the cards, the pink and red... I love all the romantic and sappy things that are Valentine's Day! That's why I've planned a day centered around pink, hearts, and LOVE (which I will post later). But first...

Matt gave me my Valentine's present last night. He always gets really excited about giving me presents and can never wait until the actual day. I think that is so cute! And he really surprised me this year!

After Aiden went to bed, Matt asked me if I would like my present. He came back holding a box behind his back. It was a hot pink DSi and a Mario game (my favorite game on the first Nintendo that came out). I LOVE it! And I was completely not expecting it!

See, we got Aiden a DSi for Christmas. We have to travel back and forth to TN fairly often (every month since October) since I'm still trying to finish school. That's a 7-8 hour trip for Aiden just sitting in his carseat. I thought a game would be something that would keep him occupied and he could have fun with. His favorite game right now is Nintendogs. I've been helping him out by playing it at night. lol But the other day, he gave my dog away.... That's when I told Matt that I needed a DS of my own.

Aiden was so excited when he saw my present. He said, "Mommy! Now we can trade games!" Too funny. I'm sharing games with my 3 year old... Well, even mommies need to play video games every once in a while!

5 comments:

kimert said...

How fun!! I am always stealing Annabelle's ds!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ahhh! That's so sweet! ENJOY!!!

~~Mel~~ said...

Awww Matt is so sweet!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Visiting from SITS. I got a game for my Wii for Valentines. Love those games.

Heatherlyn said...

I think that is totally sweet!!