Thursday, February 11, 2010

I'm Snow Over It!

I remember being so excited about our first big snow storm in December. That had been the most snow we had seen since leaving Alaska. But now after experiencing two blizzards in five days... I'm done!

I will admit that I was secretly excited to hear that we were expecting a blizzard last weekend. Snow can be fun. Aiden and I have been having a blast playing in it. And yes, that was me today squealing and laughing when I slipped and fell in a drift that left me in snow up to my waist.

BUT I've been stuck in the house since last Friday! I'm going absolutely stir crazy! Luckily, we live within walking distance to the grocery store and Matt's been able to get the few things that we've needed. Unfortunately, the grocery store is out of almost everything (no eggs, no milk, hardly any produce...) because they can't get a shipment truck in. I know the city isn't used to getting this much snow... but I'm ready for my street to be plowed so we can get out!


16 comments:

Cole said...

What great pictures! I hope you get out soon... Stopping by from SITS and adding you to my google reader- love your blog!

kimert said...

Love the pics! The snow looks pretty and I am slightly jealous! Here in E. Tn we have barely seen a drop compared to what you have! But I do think after being stuck in the house for a week I would be over it too!

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Hi there! Friday following!

Kristy said...

Wow those pics makes me cold lol.

Here to follow you from Friday Follow! :)

Kristy from MyPetSavings.com

Jenn said...

Looking at your pictures is like looking out my window...brrr!! Can't wait for summer!! Here from Friday follow!!

Tamara aka Cheapskate Mom said...

Wow that is a ton of snow! Glad you made it through and managed to find some fun! Here from Follow Friday! Come on by and say hello!

Charlene said...

Friday Following you back =)

Simply Stacie said...

Following you from the Friday Follow!

http://stacievaughansblog.blogspot.com

m.e. said...

That is a ton of snow. Glad you and Aiden had fun playing. I understand being over it too.

Thanks for linking up with Friday Follow! I am now your blog follower. Happy weekend!

~ Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com

mykidsarefun said...

Great pictures!

I'm a day late, but I found you through Friday Follow! Great blog, I'm now a Google Friend Connect Follower! :)

Visiting from My Kids Are Fun!

itsybitsyknitsy said...

Wow... thats a lot of snow. I used to live in the Yukon where we got a lot of snow - I am very happy to be living in BC now where it very rarely snows :D
Happy Saturday Sharefest

Heatherlyn said...

Sounds like a blast except that you can't get anywhere. I guess this is why it is a good idea to always have a 2 week supply of basic necessities!

Just Another Mom of 2 said...

Oh my goodness, that sure is some snow! Yikes! I'm in eastern VA and we got very little, luckily! Happy Friday Follow :)

Felissa Hadas said...

Stopping by to say hello with Friday Follow. Hope you have an amazing weekend with your family and friends.

Felissa
Please stop by my new blog:
www.twolittlecavaliers.blogspot.com
and my business blog:
www.felissahadas.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

I bet you are...but those pics sure are cool! Happy Friday Follow! Love your blog...following you now!

http://thepursuitofmommyness.com/

~~Mel~~ said...

Wow that is a ton of snow! We usually get dumped on but this year not much has come our way at all.