Monday, February 8, 2010

It's a Blizzard Out There!

We got a ton of snow this past weekend. The weather forecasters had been talking about it all week. The grocery stores were a mad house. Before the storm hit, there were 200 people (according to our local news station) standing outside waiting for the grocery store to open. Um... wow... But it started out with such teeny tiny flakes that I didn't think it would accumulate as much as they had predicted. I Was Wrong. We got 30 inches of snow!

It's been so cold outside too. And we didn't buy Aiden any snow pants this year because DC only got something like 5 inches of snow all of last year and we didn't think that we would need any. And then they were all sold out! But it was 32 degrees outside today so I layered Aiden's clothes and took him outside while Holden napped inside with Matt.

It's been two full days since it stopped snowing and this is what it looks like outside:

(You can click the pictures for a bigger image)














































































































Possibly 10-25 more inces of snow by Wednesday night...

6 comments:

Carrie77 said...

I CAN'T IMAGINE that much snow! If we get 3-6" in STL we shut down. :o)- We are supposed to get up to 6" tonight, we'll see... adorable snow pics! I am really itching to get some first snow pics of Autumn and to get Nathan out there since I didn't last year because Autumn was a newborn!

Mari-Ann said...

Holy Moses! That's a lot of snow. :) I remember getting 30 some inches (and at least 20 below zero temps!) every winter in Minnesota. To a child snow is nothing but FUN!

Heatherlyn said...

WOW WOW WOW! That is fantastic, if you are a little kid!! It's really beautiful too.

Jessica said...

Holy moly! That is a lot of snow! I wish I could come play in it-but I don't think I would want to be living in it and having to shovel snow etc.

Have fun!

Mommy to a lil lady[bug] said...

Oh my that much more on top of what you already have is going to be crazy! We have 18 in and are expected to get 6-10! I hate snow!

Kara said...

That's a ton of snow!!