Monday, February 15, 2010

About Your Cookies...

Dear Manufacturers of "store brand" Cookie Mix,

Why do you insist on putting a picture of an oversized star cookie on your package and then give the baking instructions for tablespoon sized cookies? Sure, I probably have been cooking long enough to where I should have known that it would take longer to cook big cookies... But couldn't you at least put a note somewhere? You must not know what it's like to hold a screaming baby on your hip and then hear your 3 year old call from the living room, "Mommy! I figured out how to take the lid off ALL of the sprinkles!" all while trying to get the cookies in the oven.



Things like that make it a little difficult to think about how much longer you should bake a big heart shaped cookie. Just a simple request.

My little guy was really excited about having heart cookies.



But when the cookies had cooled for your suggested five minutes, I noticed that there were parts that seemed fully cooked and parts that were still doughy. So, I had to pick out the pieces that were cooked so they wouldn't get burnt when I put them back in the oven. Good-bye hearts!

Luckily, the cookies still tasted great and looked pretty good when covered with icing and sprinkles...



So, if you could just remind me that bigger cookies need to cook longer by adding a little note on your packaging, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

7 comments:

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What a wonderful job he did! The cookies look great! Stopping from SITS!

"And so our stories go..." said...

Love the title of your blog post...about your cookies...sounds very hush, hush and cute.
Mary

kimert said...

Cute cookies!!! :)

mykidsarefun said...

They look yummy!
There's a little something for you here :)

Acting Balanced Mom said...

What great pics and memories - totally agree with you on package instructions... stopping by from SITS...

Rita A. said...

Great cookies. i bet it was fun. Thanks for participating in Friday Follow. I am catching up to the links. Rita @ http://one2try.blogspot.com/

Debbie said...

Here I am, casually browsing this great new blog I've discovered, and now I've got a hankering for giant, frosting-covered cookies!

mmmmm

I wonder if this means I'm pregnant? ;)