Friday, February 26, 2010

We Get Wild on Friday Nights!

Before the boys, Friday night = date night. Matt and I would go out to dinner, go see a movie, and get ready for our all day Saturday hikes in Anchorage. When my week at school was really rough, I always had Friday nights to look forward to. We had some fun times. Things are a little different now.

But I still look forward to my Friday nights. It has officially become "chocolate cake night." Every Friday, Aiden and I go to Safeway and pick out a special Friday night meal. He usually chooses corn dogs or chicken nuggets, I get sushi, and we always pick out the biggest chunk of chocolate birthday cake to share. I love Fridays!

Since he was really good at the grocery store today (yes, I totally bribed him), I let him pick out a movie from Redbox. He chose Alvin and the Chipmunks. I wasn't sure if that movie would be able to keep his attention since it's not a cartoon. But he loved it! It was so cute to see him laugh at the big kid jokes.

Aiden got so excited when the chipmunks sang and danced around like crazy:



Dancing has become part of our Friday night ritual as well. So funny. I'm not sure where he learned to dance like that...

19 comments:

Mommy to a lil lady[bug] said...

how fun!

Hailee loves Alvin & the Chipmunks!

Kerry said...

Following u from Friday Follow!

U can find me at http://itskerrysworld.blogspot.com!

Ciao! ;)

Erica said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Aiden looks really adorable. :) I love having a little boy!

Making cakes is probably the most fun thing ever!

I'm following you. I like you. :)

Amanda T said...

Oh my goodness, that would be a terrible thing to call my kids rats lol. But nope I have no kids, I'm 19 but me and my boyfriend are getting married when I turn 21 and then we'll start trying for a baby. But thats still a while away, and I think instead of calling them rats I'll go with pumpkins or something lol ^.^ Anyways thanks for that comment it really made me laugh alot. I don't normally do this but since you made me laugh at 5 am and you seem like such a nice person Im going to put your button on my blog :). Anyways take care and thanks for stopping by!

Messy Mommy said...

Isn't Redbox awesome? My kids LOVE the chipmunks movie. It is pretty darn cute!!!! Hubby and I haven't had a night to ourselves in months! Need to get it planned!!!

lifeinbeverlyhills said...

My daughter loves Alvin and the Chipmunks. That sounds like a great tradition. I may have to borrow it. The dancing is a great treat too! Have a great weekend!

Emmy said...

That does sound like a fun Friday night. I love sushi too! Definitely would be what I would pick out too

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Just stopping by to thank you for visiting me on my SITS day and leaving me some blog love! Everyone was so sweet and I really enjoyed the day!

Blessings,
LMM

Natalie A. said...

Hellow! I found your blog from Friday Follow! I'm following your blog late! Will you please come visit my blog and follow when you get a chance! Have a great rest of the week! Chocolate cake sounds wonderful! Yum! I hope you had a great Friday night!!


http://theadventuresofpaulnatalie.blogspot.com/2010/02/friday-follow.html

Jennifer said...

I found you on Friday Follow. That sounds like the perfect Friday night to me! Hope you and Aiden had fun!

Krissy said...

My kids love the chipmunks movie too. :) So adorable.

Carrie77 said...

Chocolate cake is MY favorite dessert and now I want some!! Love the dancing video..haha!

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

That ritual is darling! Your son will remember the cake and the mommy time!

Hil'Lesha said...

Your blog has been chosen for an award. :)

Debbie said...

I can relate to you! I am a Mom of two awesome boys Boys ROCK!~ And actually have been a stay at home Mom for 12 years! Hard to believe...someday I will go back into the workforce but as long as this is working and it has, I am grateful. Following you from the Friday hop...hope to see you over at my place!!~

tsue said...

following from Friday Follow!

Momma Such said...

Sounds like Fridays are fun nights at your house. Love the dancing! :)

We like to crank up the radio and dance at our house too! I always say whenever life gets stressful....dance! :)

IASoupMama said...

Congratulations! I have selected to pass on my first blog award to you -- the Sunshine Award! Stop by for a bowl of Soup to pick it up!

http://courtenaysbo.blogspot.com

Heatherlyn said...

Oh how kids change life! (My little boy LOVED alvin and the chipmunks too.) You will eventually be able to do grown up stuff on Friday nights again, before you know it. And also, before you know it your little boys will be big enough to do fun grown up stuff with THEM! I love how you are cherishing each time in your life!