Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Why I Hate Science...

Writing this thesis is taking up all of my free time! (I can't wait until the end of March when it will all be over.) I'm not able to get anything done during the day because the boys demand all of my attention. And I would much rather spend my time with them than my books! So I've been having to write at night (my usual blogging time) once Holden finally goes to sleep at 11:30...
.
I loved doing the actual lab work for my project. It was fun sitting at the bench wearing my lab coat and playing with DNA and all of the chemicals.
.

I even enjoyed going to the Mouse Room and cutting tails to collect the aforementioned DNA.


I loved the little mouse babies... So adorable!


But this is NOT fun!


Who knew that writing a paper on research that I actually did would be so complicated?!

I used to enjoy writing. And reading. But now after reading all of those science journals... Blah!

Is it April yet?

6 comments:

kimert said...

Just have to say I do not envy you! I'm not a fan of rodents at all. I do find some aspects of science rather interesting but I guess if I was knee deep in it all day I would hate it too! Good luck with that thesis!!

Carrie77 said...

Ahhh, working in the chemistry field, I see and hear about rodents quite a lot actually. Hope the thesis is done soon!

KatherineAnne said...

Oh my goodness gracious! That sounds like it is not fun at alL! But just keep telling yourself how worth it all this work will be once it is over and done with!!!

I hope you have a blessed week and that the rest of the writing process gets easier!

xo,KA

Heatherlyn said...

Just 1 1/2 more months! :)

Actually, I would love to write a thesis. I didn't write an honors thesis during undergraduate because it would have meant an extra semester and I was all into graduating asap. And then the JD doesn't require a thesis either. So I never had the chance. When my kids grow up, I think I'll go back to school and do some sort of masters just so that I can write a thesis. But it sure would be no fun to do right now because I agree that having kids is a full-time job!

Toni Brooker said...

What are you studying? You're finishing soon?! How exciting. =)

~~Mel~~ said...

You are a better woman than I lol Those pictures gave me the heebie jeebies.