Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wordful Wednesday: Happy Birthday Mandy!

Wordful Wednesday: Because sometimes a thousand words are just not enough...

Today is my little sister's 11th birthday! Since we won't be there to celebrate her special day with her, I wanted to take just a minute to wish her a very Happy Birthday (she's a faithful reader of my blog!) and share some random pictures. I really wanted to post a picture of us together when she was a baby, but unfortunately I don't have a scanner and taking a picture of the picture just isn't working.

Mandy's 6th Birthday


I will always remember the day that my parents told me that I was going to be a big sister. I was 15. Fifteen! And the only thing on my mind was being able to drive and getting a car.

My parents had told me that after I got my license, I could have my mom's car and she would get a new one. But as soon as I heard about the baby, I thought, Babies are expensive. I'm not going to be able to have the car! And I burst into tears.



Um... wow! Five minutes later, I asked my mom if we could go to the bookstore and pick out a baby name book. Once I had time to adjust to the idea, I was super excited.

On February 24, 1999 Mandy was born. My mom had a c-section and I waited with my grandmother outside the OR. Once Mandy was born, they wheeled her out right in front of me. My dad told me that I could touch her if I wanted. She was so TINY! I reached in the incubator and touched her little nose. I absolutely adored her.



I loved having a little sister to come home to. I would look forward to getting out of school so I could see my baby sister. If she was sleeping when I got home, I would beg my mom to let me wake her up. Of course she would say no, but I would go in the nursery just to look at her and sometimes she would wake up... Now I'm getting paid back! lol



Mandy, I hope you have a Wonderful birthday. Thanks for being such an awesome little sister. I love you and will see you in a couple of weeks!

For more Wordful Wednesday, visit Seven Clown Circus!

11 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

Happy birthday to your sister! Those were such sweet photos. :)

--
Please do stop by and check out my SafetyTat giveaway (The Coolest Product You Hope You'll Never Need):

http://buckeroomama.blogspot.com/2010/02/safetytat-review-and-give-away.html

Auntie E said...

Happy birthday to your sister. Hope she has a great day.

My WW link for you

Shell said...

Aw, happy birthday to her!

~~Mel~~ said...

Happy Birthday Mandy!

I can't imagine becoming a big sister at 15 but it sounds like you have a great relationship!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday to your sister. I became a big sister again at 14 and I wasn't real happy about it either at first. I'm a little slow so I'm just now following from Friday Follow. Hope you'll come visit.

Heatherlyn said...

I hope that she had a wonderful birthday!

giggling kids said...

I hope your sister had a wonderful Birthday!
Thanks for following me! I am your newest follower from Friday Follow!

A 2 Z said...

Hi Melissa,

Following from FF. Love those cute baby pictures. How sweet are they? I love your blog. I'm a new follower. Thanks for sharing.

Anne-Marie

casey aubut said...

adorable babies!!

Im your newest follower from Friday Follow! Would love for you to stop by my blog and follow back! Have a great weekend!
www.aubutfamily.com

Denise said...

Stopping by from Friday Follow to say Hi! I am your newest follower!

Please stop by and see my review on Molly's Money Making Digest:
http://bit.ly/adcjFP

And enter my giveaway for Peter Rabbit Children's Products:
http://bit.ly/a9kCNz

Le Chateau des fleurs said...

Your family is so cute :)
Happy Friday follow, Following you, come follow me back!
XOXO
Frenchy