Monday, March 1, 2010

Better Get Your Sunglasses

Neon is back and I'm loving it!

We went to the mall yesterday and when we walked into The Children's Place, everything was so bright. Just being in there made me feel like summer was just around the corner. Never mind the snow still piled in the parking lot!

The Children's Place has become my favorite store to buy Aiden's clothes. You just can't beat $5 polo shirts!



Aiden was really interested in picking out his clothes for the first time ever. The first thing he saw was that bright pink polo shirt. It's my favorite color. His favorite color too. At first, I thought it was a girl's shirt. When I told him that, he dropped it immediately. After I looked at it more closely, I found out for sure that it was a boy shirt and he was so excited. I know there are some people who would never let their little boy wear pink, but I don't have a problem with it...

Then he saw the orange shirt hanging on the wall. He said, "Look, Mommy!! They have football shirts!" So he got one of those as well. He even wanted to carry his bag when we left the store.

As soon as we got home, we looked at his clothes again. He said, "Daddy! I have a football shirt just like you!" He wanted to try his shirt on immediately and he wanted Matt to put his football shirt on too.



He kept saying, "I think my shirt is perfect." So cute. I can't believe my little boy already cares about what he's going to wear!

20 comments:

phillip said...

Right out of the shower look.

Jennifer said...

I love little boys wearing pink! So handsome!!!

Messy Mommy said...

So cute! My son has always been into clothes. It's so weird for a boy to care! Oh well it makes my life much easier because he loves to dress us for church and rarely complains about what I pick out for him.

I think it's always good to let them choose because then you know they'll wear it!

kimert said...

Oh yay! I love TCP! And now I have to go get that orange jersey with the #63 because that was my hubby's number when he played football at the University of Tennessee!! :)
Love the clothes!

IASoupMama said...

Oh, her's so cute!! My son couldn't care less what he's wearing. Although, I love the orange jersey -- might have to make a trip to TCP to get him one of those -- he looks great in orange.

~~Mel~~ said...

I love everything Aiden picked out!

Emmy said...

That is cute! And my son's favorite color was pink for a long time.. I think he is finally growing out of that :)

Mel said...

I love TCP! You can usually get a lot of clothes for your buck there too. That is cool that Aiden is interested in picking out his own clothes now!

Shanilie said...

Love your blog!


Following you from POM's mclinky mondays. Please feel free to pop by my blog some time. I enjoy meeting other mommy bloggers.

Campos Family said...

Too cute! I'm glad my son isn't the only little boy who likes pink and who like to choose his own clothes! :)

Stephanie said...

So cute! I looooove The Children's Place. There and Crazy 8 are my favorite kid's clothing stores. You can't beat some of their deals and they have the best sales, too.

Carrie77 said...

OH WOW! I do love the neon shirts... ok, I may just have to get some of those... I must admit, I am not sure if I could do the pink... hmmm. Maybe :) Love the pic of him with Daddy!

Kelly at Home said...

Oh my word, Melissa, how adorable are you? :o) Love this post! I especially love that you're letting your little man wear pink - love it for boys (and men) - and I'm in love with the plaid shorts! I have two daughters just about the same ages as your boys, and I'm totally in "summer mode" preparing their wardrobes (even just mentally...I fall asleep at night dreaming of Bermuda shorts and cute little girl sandals).

Have a great rest of the week!

(P.S. Found ya through FF and am your newest follower!)

Kara said...

I love TCP! May need to do some online shopping on this snow day. ;)

Together We Save said...

I love TCP!! So sad we outgrew it!

{Not Quite} Susie said...

SO Cute! &I say let him wear pink for sure. Loving all the bright colors- I'm gonna have to go shopping!

Mommy to a lil lady[bug] said...

Boys look cute in pink!!

I photo tagged you
http://m0mmy-x3.blogspot.com/2010/03/photo-tag.html

Writing Without Periods! said...

They are all so cute. Love 'em.
Mary

Yankee Girl said...

Neon's back?!?!?!

I had no idea. I used to love wearing bright colors. Must get my butt to a store soon!

Heatherlyn said...

I love the Children's Place. In fact, I bought so much little girl clothing there over the years that I don't need to buy any more girls' clothing until size 10!!!!

Isn't that the cutest thing that he wants to be like his Daddy?