Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Leprechaun Hunt

Today, we were supposed to meet with the mommy group at a local Botanical Garden for a Leprechaun hunt. I've been excited about this for over a week! Eleven people were supposed to be there, but of course my new friend, Maureen, and her son were the only ones to show up! We were totally expecting that.

I had to wake Aiden up early to go to the hunt. Every morning we have a struggle over breakfast and we just didn't have much time this morning. So, I offered him the breakfast of champions, cupcakes! He couldn't believe it. His eyes were huge and he jumped out of bed and raced to the table.

I set the clover cupcakes in front of him. He said, "These are perfect! How did you do that?"



My boys in Green! At the Botanical Gardens



The hunt itself wasn't very organized. The staff seemed to be really confused as to what they were supposed to be doing. We kept walking around in circles. And we had to keep waiting for bulldozers, golf carts, and tree cutters to move off the path. It was hilarious!

They had different little areas where the children did little activities like learning an Irish jig, blowing bubbles with a clown, and playing Leprechaun Says.

Finally, we made it to the leprechaun prints. We had to search for different items like a shamrock plant, feathers, rainbows, and gold.



Aiden was so excited about the gold!





Holden slept through the entire walk!



At the end, they had a photo opportunity with a T-rex. Not really sure how that fit in, but the kids enjoyed it!



They finished with a snack (green apples and pears) and got to take home a St. Patrick's Day craft kit.

Aiden chose a leprechaun








It turned out pretty cute! We had a really fun St. Patrick's Day! I hope everyone else did as well!

13 comments:

Carrie77 said...

Looks like a SUPER fun day! You are getting my vote for being a super mom lately! I love how you are taking the boys to all of these fun activities!!! I am sure if I was a SAHM I would be doing the same as I love to get out to find fun things around town!

Emmy said...

Well at least there is one other mom that actually comes to things when she says she is going to. I can't believe how few people show up!

But it looks like you had a ton of fun.

J. L. W. said...

That looked like so much fun!

Messy Mommy said...

What is it with those women?!? Oh well at least now you have someone else to be ditched with! :) Sounds like a great day!

~~Mel~~ said...

Looks like a blast! I'm glad you are persisting and finding fun and cool things to do with the boys. I hope Maureen is not a flake like the others seem to be.

Heatherlyn said...

The hunt looks very fun! I wish they had something like that around here for St. Patrick's day! And the handprint beard is totally cute!

Together We Save said...

Looks like a really fun day!!

佩璇 said...

nice to know you ~........................................

Messy Mommy said...

Been missin your posts lately! Hope all is well!

I have an award for you on my blog!

雅惠 said...

書山有路勤為徑,學海無涯苦作舟..................................................

雅琳雅琳 said...

hello~welcome my world~<. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

CelsaNajar0998 said...

杜雷斯成人貼圖免費成人電影線上觀看成人卡通貼圖區亞洲成人文成人dvd影城線上免費看短片線上免費做愛影片線上免費無碼短片線上免費貼片線上免費漫畫網線上免費影片a線上直播免費a片線上洪爺線上看無碼卡通線上看影片a線上看碼線上美女影片線上做愛小影片線上做愛遊戲線上做愛影片區線上情色看線上情色貼線上情色影片免費線上無碼免費av線上短片免費線上短片免費試看線上看情色影片網線上看情色網線上看做愛小影片免費線上看A金瓶梅成人漫畫金瓶梅情色小說文學ut聊天室色情文學

長卉LisetteC said...

18禁,聊天,免費影片,美女短片,0401,免費聊天,免費視訊,0204,78論壇,亞洲影城,視訊聊天,免費影片,聊天室,ut,成人,視訊,都都,視訊,打飛機專用網,小高聊天室,視訊,免費影片,a片免費,a片,18,免費線上視訊,日本a電影,影音視訊聊天室,貼圖區,av,383,77p2p,85cc,無碼,av影片,av專賣店,a片線上看,a圖,免費線上影片,微風成人