Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Um... Why is that Water Green?

When I was little, I loved mixing different things together to see what would happen. I would shut myself inside the bathroom and do my "experiments" (pour things from the cabinet into one big cup). I guess that's one of the reasons I wanted to be a scientist. I got to play with chemicals and mix them together every day when I worked in the lab!

Aiden likes experimenting with things as well. The other day when he was supposed to be washing his hands, he got out his big dump truck and filled the back with water. I noticed that the bathroom door was closed (he's never done that before) so I was a little worried about what I was going to find. He had added some of his plaque revealing rinse to make the water blue. I didn't have a problem with that.



He came back into the living room and started playing with the tub of water I had set out for him. He had cups with different colors of water, oil, glitter, and sequins. He can sit and mix that stuff for an hour. After a few minutes he went running back down the hall, but I didn't think much about it because he wasn't gone long.

A little bit later, I went in his bathroom to gather the laundry. I glanced at the dump truck and noticed that the water was green.

"Um... Aiden? Why is the water in your dump truck green?"

"I just wanted green water... So I peed in it."

Well, at least he knows how to mix colors, right?

21 comments:

Mommy to a lil lady[bug] said...

lol, the things kids do!

Kara said...

LOL!!! :)

Emmy said...

Lol! That is hilarious! Too too funny

Jennifer said...

Hilarious! What a smarty you have!

Stefany said...

LMAO!!!!! That is so funny! Creative little bugger you have there. :)

Kelly said...

Funny and super cute...super, super cute!

http://thepursuitofmommyness.com/

Denise said...

The things kids do and say!

Stopping by from SITS to say Hi!
I am adding you so I can come back & read more!
Please stop by!
http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com

TIFFANY said...

How funny! I always get a little nervous when my son is behind a closed door too. You never know what you're going to find when he comes out!

Lee the Hot Flash Queen said...

I am cracking up!! That is hysterical!

Angie S said...

HA!!! That is so funny. Kids..HA!

Jessica Warrick said...

LMAO that is so funny smart that he knew how to mix it though.

Carrie77 said...

Haha! Nathan hasn't pee'ed anywhere except the potty or toilet, which sort of surprises me... but, I am not complaining. That is hilarious! haha

~~Mel~~ said...

Hilarious...definitely one to tell the future girlfriends ;) lol

Frugal Vicki said...

I am pretty impressed! Good thinking!

Momma Such said...

Ha ha! That's too funny! My boys are always making their own little concoctions too!

I have an award for you! :)

Mayra, mommy to Pooh Bear said...

Too funny!! It must be fun having a little scientist around. =). New follower From Friday follow.

Marice said...

following u from FF! Feel free to visit me here:
Life Can't Wait and Up Now and What's Next

Kelly at Home said...

Bwahahaha! Love it!

Messy Mommy said...

Hahahahahaha! That's hilarious! Smart boy knowing how to mix colors!

Debbie said...

OMG that is hysterical!!

Following from FF, hope you'll visit me. I have a 2-year old and your posts really hit home.

What is up with the mommy and me group, btw? Why won't they talk to you?? I work part-time, so I don't have time for mommy and me, but if that happened I don't think I'd go back. Brave of you.

Heatherlyn said...

OhMyGosh I laughed out loud! Smart kid!!!!

My kids will spend an hour just pouring different liquids back and forth between containers!