Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Let's Try This Again....

Things have been crazy around here lately and I've been so overwhelmed that just the thought of blogging has seemed like a chore. I was trying so hard to follow all of the blogging rules: making sure I had something written everyday, posting at the same time every day, etc. that I got completely burned out. So after this super long break I've decided to come back and blog without worrying about all the "rules".

So why have things been crazy?

Well #1: I was supposed to be getting my masters degree this weekend. And that's not happening. It's too much drama to get into but hopefully everything will work out and I will finish in August. I'm really bummed about the whole situation...

And then there's Holden. He is absolutely adorable and I love him to pieces but he is such a handful. He and Aiden (when he was a baby) are like night and day.


  • Holden will be 8 months old on May 8 and he still isn't sleeping through the night. On good nights he only gets up twice but at least twice a week he's up 4 or 5 times... I'm exhausted!
  • Holden still isn't eating baby food... I've tried rice cereal, oatmeal, bananas, apples, pears. Nothing. He swallows the first bite and then spits every other bite out. I got this pamphlet in the mail the other day saying that it's time to add more texture to his food. His pediatrician assured me that he was getting everything he needs from breastfeeding, but I can't help worrying a little.
  • Holden got his first two teeth at the same time on April 15. And he has been biting me like crazy! And not just little nips. He actually draws blood. I cringe the entire time I'm feeding him. He refuses to take a bottle and he won't eat food so I don't really know what to do.
Being a stay at home mom is so much harder than I had imagined, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. And as crazy as things can get sometimes I feel really lucky that I am able to spend this much time with my boys.



11 comments:

claudia said...

very nice blog,Compliments and have a nice day from Tenerife!!!

Messy Mommy said...

Welcome back! I was getting worried about you! I totally know exactly how you feel though. My 2 blogging breaks lasted 6 months each, so you're doing pretty good! :)

Mommy to a lil lady[bug] said...

I wouldnt worry as long as he is drinking he will be fine!

He is getting so big!!

Stephanie said...

He is getting so big and handsome!!

Sorry you are having a tough time with the feeding.. Camryn was the same way with the solids for awhile, it's really frustrating. I've read that it takes up to 6 tries for any food for them to begin to like it.

kimert said...

I'm so glad to see you back!!! :)
I am sorry you are going through a rough patch right now. I hope things improve and you get some rest!! I can't believe how big the baby has gotten!! Have a great weekend!

Kara said...

So glad you are back! Missed reading your blog. I understand needing a break from it. Sometimes I only blog once a week and when I do it is only to share pictures. Life gets super busy sometimes.

KatherineAnne said...

I'm glad you are back! Don't worry about the "blog rules" just blog when you want/have time. Your boys are getting so big :)I hope you have a blessed week and that the little one starts sleeping through the night soon! XOXO

~~Mel~~ said...

I've been taking some bloggy breaks myself and I don't have 2 kids underfoot all the time!

Hang in there...things will get better with Holden. Riley was never a great sleeper as a baby but now he sleeps great! And as far as Holden eating...does he have enough teeth that you can just cut things you are eating into small pieces? Riley hated the consistency of baby food so I just waited till he could have solids and just skipped right over the mushed up baby food...I think it may have been a texture thing for him.

Emmy said...

My kids were horrific sleepers too.. so sorry :( My daughter didn't totally 100% sleep through the night until she was 2. Hopefully he does better for you.

Glad you are back, and post when you want! Screw the rules

Heatherlyn said...

Yes, being a Stay At Home Mom can be more exhausting emotionally than it even is physically. But you don't have regrets and that is worth a lot!

Good luck with the food thing! That sounds like a real challenge!

Your boys are super cute!

Molly said...

SO sorry that things things are trying. You will get through it though!

We just moved to Virginia, just outside of DC! I didn't realize that you are close!